Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   #14 Mystery Quilt Train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/14-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t282069.html)

JeanieG 10-04-2016 10:15 AM

Siodach and Whitepine - Those are looking GREAT! What fun to see what everyone is doing on these blocks!

Just Jan 10-04-2016 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Siodach (Post 7668274)
ok, so I hope this doesn't disappoint ;) :D.

I've got 6 blocks done.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559591[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559592[/ATTACH]

I've not yet cut out any further blocks. I'm hoping there's enough for 6 more blocks, but there's definitely enough for 3 more.

Like the pale lattice effect in this layout, but I've an idea bubbling away for a slightly different setting, so watch this space lol.

K

Odd that the first photo looks yellower than the second :o

Disappoint???? Are you kidding me??? Its to die for! Only thing disappointing is that its yours instead of mine! It almost looks southwestern, and I love the layout just the way it is! I am definitely ordering some of that feather fabric to copycat yours for at least a table runner. You rock!

Just Jan 10-04-2016 10:29 AM

WhitePine very pretty! I thought about place mats, too. I like the fabrics you chose to go with them. If you want to make them rectangular, you could add strips of each color to each end. Be sure to post when you make them.

marytoddliz 10-04-2016 10:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]559607[/ATTACH]
I need advice! I do not like the C fabric but not sure if I should replace it with the polk dot pink or just get a whole new fabric! I have everything cut and ready to sew but just don't like it! I hope I put it on the board the right way!

Ripped on Scotch 10-04-2016 10:45 AM

I think it looks beautiful Mary

Just Jan 10-04-2016 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 7668605)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]559607[/ATTACH]
I need advice! I do not like the C fabric but not sure if I should replace it with the polk dot pink or just get a whole new fabric! I have everything cut and ready to sew but just don't like it! I hope I put it on the board the right way!

My honest opinion... if you want to change it, change only the center square to the polka dot. Leave the flying geese blocks as they are. I think the pink center with the pink tulips would be beautiful. It would calm it down a bit but leaving the geese as is would give it interest. Try one and see what you think. (Would also save you a lot of work.)

whitepine 10-04-2016 11:50 AM

I like the center square with the butterflies. The big center makes them really show up. What about a solid, darker gray to replace the 'c' fabric. It is the diamonds that you don't like, right? I wonder if it would be too much pink if you used the polka dot there. Just lay it on top and see how it looks. Actually, I like it as it is.

marytoddliz 10-04-2016 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]559612[/ATTACH]
I like this a lot better, I thought the other fabric overpowered the butterflies, what do you think? this is an easy fix as all I have to do is replace the corners on the snowballs

marytoddliz 10-04-2016 11:53 AM

The fabric is a moda that is mostly pink with a slight grey tinge to it!

Kassaundra 10-04-2016 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Evie (Post 7668201)
You ladies have come up with some lovely pieces. I haven't put my blocks together yet because I'm still deciding whether to make a larger quilt. I'm not quite sure about the center square. I think it may be too loud for a whole quilt. I'll work up three more blocks to see how it looks. What do you think?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559588[/ATTACH]

Since you asked, I'm torn about the center, it should work by all the "rules" larger print similar colors. I think I would look at it from viewing distance w/ a couple of blocks at least laid out if not sewn before making the decision.