Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   #14 Mystery Quilt Train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/14-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t282069.html)

lawsonmugs 09-12-2016 05:06 AM

M-fay your #13 turned out sooo pretty. Dotty pretty florals.

Just Jan 09-12-2016 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by mjkgquilt (Post 7650732)
Just Jan, will you please post the yeast bread recipe you found? I've been looking for one.

Haven't tried this one yet but to the best of my memory its the same one I had that I loved.

Food Processor Bread Combine 1 cup lukewarm water, 1 (1/4 oz.) pkg of dry yeast, and 1 1/2 TB sugar. Set aside. Put 3 cups all purpose flour and 1 1/2 tsp salt in processor. Turn on processor and slowly add the liquid through the chute. Process until it forms a ball. ( I don't remember this next part but it makes sense) *Once it forms a ball break the ball apart and process it 2 or 3 more times.* Place in buttered bowl and turn the dough until all the sides are coated. Cover and let rise about 1 hour or until doubled in size. Punch down and form into loaf. Place in greased loaf pan and let it rise until its doubled in size about 45 minutes. Bake in preheated 450 degree oven 25-30 minutes. I'll be trying it today and it can be rising while I'm making applesauce. If anybody else tries it let me know how it comes out.

retiredteacher09 09-12-2016 05:44 AM

JaneQuilter: Judy will give us cutting directions on the 17th. This week is just for selecting fabrics.

I love your 'chicken' related fabrics.

Connie

paintmejudy 09-12-2016 06:57 AM

Jane - I sent you a PM about fabrics. And JustJan had a head count the other day, don't know if she updated it. I don't post a list of participants.

Angelia - I think this will be OK as a scrappy. Make 4 times the number of blocks and add border and it will be a good kids quilt. Only problem I foresee is contrast between pieces that will be going together, and you won't know that until well down the road. I sent you a PM. Keep in mind light medium and dark when you choose.

klaws 09-12-2016 07:22 AM

Chasezzz love the purples! I'm out of town but will be back home on Wednesday night. I'll have to go through my stash then. Love Judy's mysteries. Thank you Judy for another fun ride. :thumbup:

Just Jan 09-12-2016 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter (Post 7650970)
so you have a headcount and a list of passengers yet?

As near as I can tell, we now have 34 including you. So including Judy that's 35 on board or waiting at the next stop.

kwiltkrazy 09-12-2016 07:33 AM

beautiful materials m.fay, can't wait to see it coming together. Jane Q what neat material; my oldest son would love it; his nick name is the chicken whisperer

kwiltkrazy 09-12-2016 07:38 AM

Nice full train.. Judy are my colors working for you?

kuntryquilter 09-12-2016 07:53 AM

I am on board. Ready to start the engine. I made peanut butter fudge.

Siodach 09-12-2016 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Just Jan (Post 7651101)
As near as I can tell, we now have 34 including you. So including Judy that's 35 on board or waiting at the next stop.

Count me in too - can't make up my mind on a colour-scheme yet tho! Lol