Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/17th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-sept-9-2017-a-t291068.html)

paintmejudy 09-15-2017 08:08 AM

RN - both are nice. but if you choose the one on the left, I think a slightly lighter blue, more on the value of the green would be better. And your pinks are nice, will be fine together but are these A B C fabrics? Remember, you need a D

jaba I like all of the fabrics, but my vote is on the bottom group

RN-Quilter 09-15-2017 08:36 AM

Thanks for your quick response Judy:o
:sew:Will the flower fabrics be ok as the D fabric?:confused:
I will change the blue as you suggested...thanks for your help!<3

Just Jan 09-15-2017 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by AnngelAnne (Post 7906659)
Everyone has such beautiful material, I want to play with it all.

Yes, I want to play too! :D AA, I definitely choose the first stack. Maybe a bit lighter blue. JABA, Here's a thought... take the jewel print from the first set, add it to the third set and remove the white. Would be a larger print, a smaller print, and purple and green that read as solids. Reminds me of the different size prints Judy combined in her sample set.... another thought... the prints from set one and set two seem to work well together. Would like to see them together in the same pix and if they work then you could choose solids to match.

SuziSew 09-15-2017 09:41 AM

jaba I like all three but the 3rd group group seems to stand out...just a thought...how would it look if you switched the aqua with the white?

Cheesehead 09-15-2017 11:33 AM

Jaba, love the fabrics in your third group. That metallic looking fabric I just want to touch and feel, it's so beautiful!

Organizing some fabrics today for the train ride, still not sure if I want to do an autumn or Christmas theme...decisions, decisions!

Jan

paintmejudy 09-15-2017 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by RN-Quilter (Post 7906678)
Thanks for your quick response Judy:o
:sew:Will the flower fabrics be ok as the D fabric?:confused:
I will change the blue as you suggested...thanks for your help!<3

Yes, the florals with the light background for D will beautifully set off your other fabrics.

jaba 09-15-2017 12:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Just Jan.just for you, the 1st one might have possibilities but the last pretty iffy I think[ATTACH=CONFIG]580603[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]580604[/ATTACH]or like this maybe[ATTACH=CONFIG]580605[/ATTACH]

Chasezzz 09-15-2017 01:01 PM

So glad to see the our whole Florida contingent made it through Irma with minimal damage and inconvenience. We still do not have power restored. We get the same Sunday-night-at-midnight estimate for our electricity to be back as everyone else, but we have seen very few trucks around town. For a couple of days we had almost no cell service either, but a tower was restored on Wednesday and now we can communicate via cell service. Our whole house generator was fabulous for the first several days, but it has been up and down since yesterday. Fingers crossed it will work from now until we get power. Because we had the generator, we had everyone with us through the storm--my parents, our daughter, our son and his family including our two grand babies along with five dogs, three cats and two parakeets. By Monday afternoon it was down to us and our son's family. They left this afternoon when the generator glitched out again.

It's just us and our two dogs now! So I will be ready for clue 2 tomorrow!

tscweaves 09-15-2017 02:33 PM

Well, I think I am going to jump on this train. I have never made anything with sashing so it will be a good way to get my feet wet:-) I will have fabric to show tomorrow, have to look around and see what I have for the requirements.

ellifour 09-15-2017 02:58 PM

joing the train

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, Its been over 35 years since I have been on a train and I would like to join you all on this one. If possible I would like to have a birth in the sleeper car. lol
I have not participated in a mystery before, been a coward what if I don't like it, well a table runner may be the best way for me to get over the cowardess. Please any input on my fabrics would be appreciated, particularly the pinks. I hope the photo posts. Followed instructions on how to reduce size.

Barbara