Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/17th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-sept-9-2017-a-t291068.html)

Just Jan 09-15-2017 03:50 PM

Jaba, thanks... try the first two prints with pink and purple, or maybe pink and blue? Hard to tell from here. I agree, I don't like the second two prints together. I also don't care much for the gray marble with the two prints. But I really do like the first two prints together. Jan

jaba 09-15-2017 03:54 PM

ellifour, welcome aboard! I'm not the conductor but I think I have a permanent seat on this train, been on this ride since it began. I can't jump and run to catch the train anymore but at least they stop for me and help me board. You'll have a good time!!
Oh chasezzz, I'm sorry but I had to laugh! I bet your generator just got tired of serving all those people. Hope it's working better and that you get power back soon!! I am truly thinking and sending you good vibes.....love ya' friend!

Just Jan 09-15-2017 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by ellifour (Post 7906794)
Hi, Its been over 35 years since I have been on a train and I would like to join you all on this one. If possible I would like to have a birth in the sleeper car. lol
I have not participated in a mystery before, been a coward what if I don't like it, well a table runner may be the best way for me to get over the cowardess. Please any input on my fabrics would be appreciated, particularly the pinks. I hope the photo posts. Followed instructions on how to reduce size.

Barbara

Ok, ellifour, you can have my birth. I picked up a cold and I cough a lot at night, so I'll probably just recline my seat and doze there. lol
I like your plaid and the white. It looks as if there might be red and yellow in the plaid?

Hi Theresa. Glad you're coming with us!

tscweaves 09-15-2017 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Just Jan (Post 7906837)

Hi Theresa. Glad you're coming with us!

Thanks Jan! I have never done a mystery before and I agree with ellifour that a runner is a good way to try it out. I was glad to read that you came through all that nasty weather so well, what a relief that must be.

Just Jan 09-16-2017 06:00 AM

Having internet problems this morning. Hope I can hang in there until these directions are posted! Just another 31 minutes but who's counting? LOL

Just Jan 09-16-2017 06:17 AM

Will somebody out there send a message so I can test my system to see if it's receiving messages from this forum? Thanks.

paintmejudy 09-16-2017 06:43 AM

Jan, hope you can get this, let me know.

paintmejudy 09-16-2017 06:53 AM

Let

3 Attachment(s)
When I first wrote the directions I was planning on having week 2 being set aside for cutting ALL of the pieces for the runner. However, I didn’t want you to get bored, so instead, we are making some half square triangles (HSTs) this week. We will finish with the last clue on 9/30 instead of 10/7.

Cut 3-1/2” squares from A, B and C in the following amount -- From A , cut 4 squares. From B, cut 8 squares. From C cut 12 squares. From these 3-1/2” squares, you will end up with 8 HSTs of the A and C, and 16 HSTs of the B and C.

I use the pressing method to mark my blocks, by drawing the opposite corners together and press. But you can draw a line corner to corner, or use the ¼” seam marking rulers (Fons & Porter makes one). If you press the block, sew ¼” away from the press line on each side of the pressed line. If you mark a single diagonal line corner to corner, sew ¼” away from each side of the line. If you use the seam marking ruler, sew a line on each of the marked lines.

Whichever method you use -- after sewing, cut corner to corner, and press open. Be careful not to stretch and distort the block. Trim if needed to a 3” HST.

I know this isn’t a lot, but if I go much further today, I might ruin the surprise. After all, it is a mystery, isn’t it?

paintmejudy 09-16-2017 06:55 AM

The headline for the clue's post was to have been Let's Begin. But some internal glitch posted when I hit the space bar.

Just Jan 09-16-2017 07:11 AM

It appears I'm getting the messages now, just no notifications.