Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   19th Mystery Quilt Train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/19th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t296025.html)

SusieQOH 04-19-2018 04:09 PM

I'm really excited! I searched my whole stash for a background fabric and came up with nothing. All of a sudden I remembered a nice piece that I was going to sell on Ebay. It's perfect!!! I should be more discerning about what I get rid of :)

whitepine 04-20-2018 06:59 AM

I think today is Friday :o so I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures today. Glad you found some fabric SusieQ. I don't know why I have so much trouble with flying geese, but after this clue I think I'm improving. Maybe I'm letting the fabric slip a little. Not sure. I do know I'm heading back to the club car to get some coffee, coffee, coffee and see if anyone left something interesting to eat.

lawsonmugs 04-20-2018 08:03 AM

whitepine What flying geese?

whitepine 04-20-2018 09:28 AM

The last clue, which isn't really flying geese but made the same way, right?

Belfrybat 04-20-2018 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm way behind on this mystery. At first I wasn't going to do it since I haven't finished #18, On Ringo Lake, and 5 other half-done tops. But.... this is a mystery train run by Judy, so how could I resist? :) I'm working outside my comfort zone so am not sure of these fabrics. I'd appreciate some comments. BTW, the white for the background is a bright white. The camera flash makes it look greyish.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]593254[/ATTACH]

IceLeopard 04-20-2018 10:52 AM

Can the background be scrappy? Because I don't have as much left as I thought I would, and when I went back to Wal-Mart they didn't have any more of that color. :( The girl said they ought to get more in, but who knows?

Conchalea 04-20-2018 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished last Saturday's instructions on Monday, but didn't get any pictures until now. I've never made pinwheels before, but always admired them. Now, I may be hooked on them! If I was sure I'd have enough red, I would have made more red/light blue pinwheels. I look forward to tomorrow's clues. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so it'll be a good day to stay in & sew.

lawsonmugs 04-20-2018 12:57 PM

whitepine, I guess they are like flying geese. I thought I missed something and was wanting to get them done since tomorrow is the next clue. I hear everybody call them houses. Lots of pretty fabrics ladies.

AngeliaNR 04-20-2018 01:04 PM

Finally finished my HSTs (this has been a heavy grading week!). Looking forward to tomorrow.

AngeliaNR 04-20-2018 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 8044200)
I'm way behind on this mystery. At first I wasn't going to do it since I haven't finished #18, On Ringo Lake, and 5 other half-done tops. But.... this is a mystery train run by Judy, so how could I resist? :) I'm working outside my comfort zone so am not sure of these fabrics. I'd appreciate some comments. BTW, the white for the background is a bright white. The camera flash makes it look greyish.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]593254[/ATTACH]

Yay! Good to see you. :)