Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   19th Mystery Quilt Train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/19th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t296025.html)

Cheesehead 04-21-2018 03:07 PM

I thought the black with flowers was your dark, Whitepine is correct. Whew...time for another glass of wine!

Evie 04-21-2018 03:08 PM

I am not doing this mystery, although I had all intentions of doing so. My arthritis has really kicked in and I can't cut my fabric! :( I'm saving the clues, of course, and hoping to do it some day. I'm keeping tabs on the progress you all are making and getting inspired. Thank you. (Typing with two fingers is not fun! :thumbdown: )

paintmejudy 04-21-2018 03:08 PM

No, Cheesehead, it is NOT the one on the right.

Mary - if your dark is the blue and the background is the floral, the middle one is correct.

Cheesehead 04-21-2018 03:20 PM

Thanks for clarifying Judy. I acknowledged that Whitepine was correct, previously I thought Mary's black flowered fabric was her dark. Sorry.

lawsonmugs 04-21-2018 04:34 PM

Got it. Thanks for everyone trying to help. I can't imagine making this out of scraps. I love the scrappy quilts so much too. Have a good evening. Judy I see you already answered me. Thank You.

Macybaby 04-21-2018 04:57 PM

I hope to get some work done on the mystery tomorrow. Spent the day making the School logo for my wonky house quilt. (posted in the VQR thread) I'm so glad that is done - and also glad I have my embroidery machine plugged into a UPS. Power blipped, but the machine didn't. I have my LA plugged into one too.

dotcomdtcm 04-21-2018 05:54 PM

I made good progress today so I will take a break and bake something really decadent. I do a 4 layer cake with lemon curd, and frosting with whipped cream and mascarpone cheese. From Bon Appetit, decadent!

mjkgquilt 04-21-2018 06:25 PM

Month, year and page number of cake from Bon Appetit -- please!

Macybaby 04-22-2018 05:30 AM

After seeing this last clue, I don't want to use the bolder prints for the background. DH needs to go into town for grass seed, so I think I'll ride along and take another look at the fabric store. I heard rumor they found a buyer so I can ask about that. I'd be happy if they stayed in business as I get my batting from them, but I've also been looking forward to when they went to 50% off what they had left. Not that I need to buy more fabric . . .

I really love some of the fabric combinations others have come up with. I love those that have a print for the background that ties in the other colors. I'm considering going scrappy for the background - all small florals. I started saving them up for a log cabin quilt, and never stopped so I think I have enough for 3-4 quilts at this time.

whitepine 04-22-2018 07:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Evie, Sorry about your arthritis. What a drag. For me, it's my right shoulder and sometimes hurts like heck when I'm cutting.

This is the Bonnie Hunter mystery that used the diagonal piece. Thank goodness I only did a quarter size. :p But you can see how the direction of the diagonal was crucial. I don't remember the name of the quilt but the colors she suggested were based on the colors in the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan. Did anyone else do this one. It is the only BH mystery I've done.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]593359[/ATTACH]