Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

fromzstore 01-23-2012 02:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
here are my second week the top are pieced and the bottom one is machine embrodiery

SheriR 01-23-2012 02:49 PM

Ooooo Karen! Just beautiful :-)

SheriR 01-23-2012 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by fromzstore (Post 4903520)
here are my second week the top are pieced and the bottom one is machine embrodiery

I'm really liking your machine embroidery!

Fraew 01-23-2012 03:42 PM

Karen you are way out of line posting that beautiful work of yours. Green with envy here. :)

spartan quilter 01-23-2012 05:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am loving all the pictures that have been posted so far, and I finally got the pictures taken of week 2, and so I am posting them now. This is becoming an addiction and hard to walk away from.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]305662[/ATTACH]
I used a fussy cut of some material showing the Christ child in a quilt that I did for my daughter this past Christmas. Love that block. So does she. I also did a fussy cut in the yellow block, using material from another daughter's Christmas quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]305663[/ATTACH]
And here is my design wall, with all my scrap pieces of material, so I don't end up putting 2 of same colors beside each other. It is just a piece of foam insulation and I pin them to that. I am also trying to incorporate material from previous quilts that I have made, so when I come to each block, I see if I can find a similiar color from a previous quilt. So, I may actually not use all of these, but it gives me the color arrangement that I want. I am learning to reverse applique, maybe not right, but it looks good to me. Enjoy the pics. I just realized that I have the picture on it's side, will post it again next week, right side up. I don't know how to correct this here.

SheriR 01-23-2012 07:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Week 2 blocks. OOOOohhh it feels good to be caught up!!! I have a friend who is working on her own DJ. She messaged me asking if I'd done C7...So I looked it up and WOWZER... I told her I don't have to do that one until June. :-D

Anael 01-24-2012 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by TymeToShine (Post 4902265)
I am trying to use the my block feature to put scans of my blocks in and am having trouble. I have the scans named correctly and sized correctly but when I try to put them in the correct place I cannot find it. I installed my software with the default on and tried to find the C\programfiles\E.Q.\dj\pics\mychart (okay I abbreviated some of that here) and do not find that. I tried going the other route they suggested of going to c drive, then program files then Eq, then dear jane and at this point the only choice I have that comes up is "stash" - the dear jane does not come up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Linda

I would suggest to install the DJ software again. It seems to me somewhere something went wrong as you're missing quite a lot.

echoemb 01-24-2012 04:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are mine

Jeanine 01-24-2012 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by spartan quilter (Post 4904138)
And here is my design wall, with all my scrap pieces of material, so I don't end up putting 2 of same colors beside each other. It is just a piece of foam insulation and I pin them to that.

What a Great Idea! Okay if I copy that? It'll also let me know what other fabric I need to purchase. Thanks for such a wonderful show & tell.
Jeanine

brookemarie19 01-24-2012 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my first weeks blocks... I hope to get this weeks sometime today or tomorrow.