Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

Anael 01-29-2012 02:34 PM

Beautiful blocks ladies! I have to redo B1 as my buttons are in a square :( Instead of doing that I remade M3, the first one was horrible and the second one is a keeper. By far not perfect but I'm happy with it!

QuiltnNan 01-29-2012 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by TymeToShine (Post 4922561)
Week three! I was really dreading the one with the reverse applique as I have never done that before. It looked a lot harder than it actually was. I enjoyed doing it. Great to learn a new technique! I love all the variations in color everyone is putting up. Makes me want to start about 10 more Dear Janes!

Love your blocks... you did the B-1 in reverse applique? I see in 'That Quilt' website it was done in reverse applique. I'm not sure I could do that. It looks great.

thomp116 01-29-2012 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These are my first four blocks. I am making two sets.....the ones on the right are my 'practice' blocks, and the ones on the left are my 'real' blocks for 'Jane Visits Pittsburgh.' Have more blocks, but haven't taken pictures yet.

QuiltnNan 01-29-2012 04:02 PM

Kris, I love your themed blocks :thumbup:

JudyTheSewer 01-29-2012 04:24 PM

Week Two Blocks

6 Attachment(s)
First set of three are for a Dear Jane using muslins and fabrics as close to her's as I can get. The second set of three are just using fabrics from my stash for a "Chocolate Dear Jane" made by Sandpat.

JudyTheSewer 01-29-2012 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by TymeToShine (Post 4922561)
Week three!
I was really dreading the one with the reverse applique as I have never done that before. It looked a lot harder than it actually was. I enjoyed doing it. Great to learn a new technique!

I love all the variations in color everyone is putting up. Makes me want to start about 10 more Dear Janes!

Your blocks are great! I'm glad you said the reverse applique isn't too bad. I've never tried it before either so you are giving me a boost of confidence - Thanks!

JudyTheSewer 01-29-2012 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by linmid (Post 4921033)
I have been unable to start the DJ project, but have been following all of your progress. All of the blocks and colors are looking great. Maybe before long I will be able to start.

Yes, I hope you can join us soon!

TymeToShine 01-29-2012 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer (Post 4923209)
Your blocks are great! I'm glad you said the reverse applique isn't too bad. I've never tried it before either so you are giving me a boost of confidence - Thanks!

Thanks Judy, I followed the instructions on That Quilt. They were easier to understand than the ones on the DJ CD...plus she had pictures!

TymeToShine 01-29-2012 04:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Judy, I like your drawing for the A1 block. It looks spot-on ! I tried drawing it up in EQ but could not figure out how to post it so I took a picture of what was on the screen so it is a bit distorted. The question I have is that when I looked at the foundation piecing of it, it looked like a nightmare to get together. How are you putting yours together?

thecattlady 01-29-2012 04:59 PM

TymeTo Shine, how did you get your circles so perfect? I have tried, but have't accomplished yet. I have really enjoyed looking at everyones blocks. They are all so beautiful.