Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

Cre8tvlwyr 08-15-2013 08:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Still procrastinating..... here is L5 - a few bubbles in those center white squares ....maybe it will quilt out! I'm making LS8 in the evening - started it last night [so the procrastinating is not over yet!]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]430388[/ATTACH]
the background really is not pink - there's a reflection of the purplish paisley from the phone I guess.
sew happy today - may my day have less procrastinating in it
Gus

katybob 08-15-2013 08:21 AM

Perfect points, Gus! And I love the fabric you chose for M13.

CindyA 08-15-2013 10:47 AM

Monica, I hear you about procrastination. When I went back to grad school a few years ago I suddenly 'needed' to clean (in detail) and papers waited until the wee hours to be written. My bathrooms have never been so clean. :D Can't wait to see your finished projects and wish you the best getting them ready for the show.

Cre8tvlwyr 08-16-2013 08:33 AM

Thanks katybob :) I loved that 'poison' fabric too - wanted to use it in a second place after making the triangle with the leaf in it.
And Cindy ....cleaning is next on my procrastinating list!! oh - and passing out dinner invites! :shock:
M

Cre8tvlwyr 08-22-2013 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
wow!! almost a week without posts! It's been an interesting computer day...NOT! I'm thinking that "shopathome.com" place the newspaper coupon booklets have at the top where you supposedly can get more coupons for groceries etc really IS A VIRUS - dont EVER go there!!! I've been having problems since I loaded it and need to get rid of it but do not trust McAfee so am waiting for DH to take this to UCLA to their IT dept. At any rate, I've been having problems transferring my newest blocks to the DJ software in the 'my chart' that had been working so well a little over a month ago. My blocks are supposed to replace the 'empty block space holders' because you give your picture files the same names. It has simply been adding it to the master file and the end result is two files of the same name and for some reason not replacing or showing up in the chart :( ho..hum... possibly another shopathome/McAfee virus thing!

At any rate - I do have one more picture and L-7 [week of June 9] really doesnt have such transparent background fabric although it seems like it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]431753[/ATTACH]

CindyA 08-23-2013 02:19 PM

Monica, that stinks - more computer problems. I have a love/hate relationship with technology. Many days are heavier on the 'hate' side.

I have not even looked at DJ since my last post. My mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer and we've been navigating our way through that. She has a good prognosis, however, and we are glad of that. So . . . she's a huge Elvis fan and I've had Elvis fabric sitting around waiting until I could get around to making her a quilt. It's taken center stage and I'm making good progress on the simple squares. I hope to have the top completed soon. I'm rushing and hope to get it together before I go back to work on Monday. In the meantime DJ is waiting patiently for my attention.

Cre8tvlwyr 08-23-2013 04:03 PM

I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers Cindy - I know that throws you & emotions for a loop. My Mom was diagnosed back in 1990 - Dec 19 and had her surgery & came home right before Christmas. She was 76 then and lived well until 2 days before her 94th birthday. No other complications from the cancer ....or from the lupus she had from the time she was 23!

Jane has been around for 150 years and will patiently await your return!
Monica

adnil458 08-24-2013 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by katybob (Post 6197944)
Ta da!! (That'll be $6,800 please - LOL)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]426208[/ATTACH]

Sorry -- I couldn't get far enough away from it in my little courtyard to get a better picture of it.

WOWSY hope mine is half as nice

katybob 08-24-2013 06:57 PM

Thanks, Adnil, I'm looking forward to watching your progress! Which DJ are you going to make? I've been tempted to order the blue one.

Cre8tvlwyr 08-24-2013 09:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I finished a couple more blocks today... L-6 [wk of June 16] and M-5 [wk of August 4]
Both of the familiar blogspots - thatquilt and Auntreen have you paper-piecing L-6, I did not think that was necessary - I simply measured the book drafted pattern, added 1/2" for seams on either side and sewed carefully. Most of the strips finish 1/4" so are cut 3/4"...**know how you sew - if you commonly take more than 1/4" seam, cut the strips 1" wide and trim down. I sewed the corner 'square sections' first - actually the very first thing I did was cut a 1x4" strip of orange and white, sewed down one long seam, pressed to orange, cut into four sections and then sewed a 1" strip to one side to make the tiny 3pc squares. I took no pics - sorry in the process - but I think it is straightforward. You can follow the paper-piecing order without the paper! [or you'll be tearing out 47 pieces of it :( ]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]432057[/ATTACH]
Thatquilt paper pieces M-5 as well - aunt reen and I did not. I wanted it to look like Jane so I made it like the picture and if you have the software, her center block pattern is right. The draft pattern in the book is actually variation 1 not the right one. I cut my little squares smaller than Reen - when I looked at the picture it seemed to me that the border around the four-square is slightly narrower than the little squares. I estimated that the squares finish 5/8 and the strip 1/2" so cut the squares 1 1/8" and the border strip 1" wide.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]432059[/ATTACH]