Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2014-50-fabulous-paper-pieced-stars-bow-t235683.html)

Lyn Hut 01-27-2014 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi I am so surprise to see how everyone looked so different depending on the colours that are uses. Here is mine Arkansas block.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]459013[/ATTACH]

Lyn Hut 01-27-2014 05:09 PM

Sorry my finger not working so good this morning. That was meant to say I am so surprise to see how everyone's looks so different depending on the colours that are used.

Originally Posted by Lyn Hut (Post 6538455)
Hi I am so surprise to see how everyone looked so different depending on the colours that are uses. Here is mine Arkansas block.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]459013[/ATTACH]

carriem 01-28-2014 04:34 AM

Lyn---another great block! Are you using all white for the background/corners?

lfstamper 01-28-2014 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was behind but think I am now caught up with these last two...at least until Monday. These were tedious for me so I am hoping some are easier.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]459179[/ATTACH]

lfstamper 01-28-2014 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 6532508)
See MaggieLou, you are not so far behind, I just finished Alaska! I love what you did with your Arkansas block.

Dang these take a long time to construct! I think I rip out more than I sew!

Jeanieg I can totally relate to the ripping! I had to cut my pieces bigger than the pattern calls for so I don't have to place it so exact. I also glue stick in the seam allowance the two pieces so I can chain at the machine. Has helped some but these are still SLOW! Fun to see every one's.

lfstamper 01-28-2014 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 6524218)
More beautiful blocks this week, here is mine, am thinking of changing up the black, white and red a little, will let you know what I come up with.

Mirabelle - your block will go perfectly with mine in case it needs a new home...lol.

Lyn Hut 01-28-2014 02:01 PM

Lyn---another great block! Are you using all white for the background/corners?

Hi Carriem
Yes I am making the background all white this will make the stars a focal point on each block, then I will decide what colour to use a my slashes and boards if I need any.

nygal 01-29-2014 04:18 AM

I still have NO idea what fabric I will use for the background on my blocks. I am using mostly batiks and once they are all done I will set them out on my king sized bed and "study" them and see what I think would be good.

Plumtree 01-30-2014 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, here is Arkansas. Took the picture with my phone sorry if its fuzzy.

janRN 01-30-2014 02:39 PM

Hadn't gotten email notification about this thread in a few days. Wow--I missed a lot. Beautiful blocks, everyone!

A hint for any new paper piecers: it's handy to have the measurements for each section to cut your fabric but I've found it important to add at least 1/4 to 1/2 inch all around her measurements. I pp all the time (not a pro, but I've done lots) and I was coming up short especially on the large outside triangles. Hope this helps someone and eases any frustrations you may have.