Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

Mad Mimm 02-20-2012 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 4992193)
caquiltlingdeb, BEAUTIFUL!

I totally agree! I am amazed you caught up so fast (and yes, a tad envious too!) I like the color combos you are working with and I think your CA block came out really nicely. It seems a lot of ladies had trouble with that block - it is next on my work table so I will be very careful! ;)

Janet My 02-20-2012 03:25 PM

Wow, once again, beautiful blocks everyone!!! This will be a busy week for me and next week I'll be leaving for Florida. Hope I don't get too far behind.

Mad Mimm 02-20-2012 05:38 PM

Janet have fun in Florida and don't worry, you will have to seriously slack off to be as far behind as I am! LOL! I need a really productive retreat like Tomilu just had! :D

tomilu 02-20-2012 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by caquiltingdeb (Post 4992160)
I'm finally caught up again. Here is California, with a picture of all the January blocks together, as well as Colorado, Connecticut and Delaware.

I had a bear of a time getting California to line up. I basted and ripped, basted and ripped till there was no paper on the seams. So I decided to leave it be.

Deb

Love your blocks and color scheme!!!1

tomilu 02-21-2012 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 4991277)
I agree with this suggestion if you think the block is too busy. It would be a beautiful single block.
But as I sit her and look at the 4 Hawaii blocks in a wall hanging, I do like the blocks when all together. Maybe I'll make one without the corners for my lap quilt, even though it was one of the ones I was going to leave out.

The batiks in our area are sometimes in the $12 range.
tomilu

moonwork42029 02-21-2012 08:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Delaware -- Possum Trot Style!

I actually like the muted tones of my center in this block.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]314382[/ATTACH]

My photos look wonky on some but they are square...really they are. Holding the camera above my head to get them on the table might be some of the problem :)

tomilu 02-22-2012 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 (Post 4996692)
Delaware -- Possum Trot Style!

I actually like the muted tones of my center in this block.

I agree, a very striking block!!
tomilu

Mad Mimm 02-22-2012 08:10 AM

I like your block Moon - that center fabric is really zippy! I agree about the photos, we try to stand on a chair to photograph my blocks and my hubby insists on cropping them because he doesn't like to see the white table beneath it. Trouble is, when he crops it looks like my quarter inch seam is off at the tips of my stars. He can't resist fussing with photos - so I just sit back and let him futz. What can I say? It is the little things that make him happy! :)

I am really excited to see how my California block comes out. I realized I have been very complimentary in my color scheme and I have picked a really hot pink to try a contrasting color scheme. I'm so curious to see how it works.
But alas, I am home sick with two sick kids so I am not sure how much sewing I will get done this week!

SheriR 02-22-2012 09:49 AM

California

1 Attachment(s)
Finely my California is finished. I had a long rant typed about it but decided not to bore all y'all so...IT'S DONE!! Now to move on...AND I have a plan for my next four. Hopefully you'll like my idea. I'm super excited about it. Will post the pictures asap. <3

DawnFurlong 02-22-2012 11:23 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I am off cycle with everyone else, as I am enrolled in a paper piecing club at my LQS. I did start the Colorado block at the same time as everyone else did, but then didn't finish it until a week later. Also finished up my Connecticut block this past weekend. And - Delaware was where I started with my local class.

I LOVE looking at everyone's blocks! It is amazing how different the same block can be with different colors. I am finding that to be the hardest part of this - choosing colors. I worry about things not matching - but I have to say in all the different colors used - I haven't seen one block where I didn't think the colors worked together. Think I have got to loosen up on that worry! I wish my pictures had come out clearer. On the Connecticut block, the darker color is a green with a leaf pattern on it. That is my favorite block thus far - but the picture doesn't show it well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]314497[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]314498[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]314501[/ATTACH]