Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

whitepine 02-19-2012 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another Delaware. I agree with several of you about this not being my favorite block and that it didn't turn out as I wanted but, ckcowl, you are right. That can't all be favorites. And we need the plainer ones to make the others stand out. So.....[ATTACH=CONFIG]313558[/ATTACH]

tomilu 02-19-2012 12:04 PM

[QUOTE=whitepine;4989147]Another Delaware. I agree with several of you about this not being my favorite block and that it didn't turn out as I wanted but, ckcowl, you are right. That can't all be favorites. And we need the plainer ones to make the others stand out.

Yours is great! I am seriously wondering about Hawaii. I really don't like it. Perhaps I can modify so I can like doing it.

PokerDiva 02-19-2012 12:57 PM

Well, I like everybodys. Whitepine, I really like the fabric you used it the center. Anybody who doesn't like their block can send them to me.

janey39quilts 02-19-2012 03:01 PM

Happy Sunday, everyone! What a week! But I am going to be able to get back to sewing. I so look forward to Sundays since we started this. I love seeing them all; they are so beautiful. There will be some wonderful quilts at the end of this year. Here's my Delaware.

janey39quilts 02-19-2012 03:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Uh, oh. I don't know what I did wrong. I'll try again.

Mad Mimm 02-19-2012 04:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wonderful blocks ladies. I must be in the minority, I like the simplicity of the Delaware block and I am excited to finally be done with the "A" States!

CK I think the center fabric on yours is very striking - whoever said it reminds them of a lightning storm was right.
Whitepine and KGreene those are some lovely fabrics in your blocks. Let's face it, there is not an "uggo" block in the group!

Here is my Arkansas block. I am having trouble with pieces shifting and have been playing with my presser foot settings and finally gave in and switched to a walking foot. Still had a bunch of movement so the top line is sewed spot on the line, but the back side is always off. Strangely enough does not seem to affect the final block (except of course that it is not perfectly square but I'll worry about that later!).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]313626[/ATTACH]

And now... California here I come!!!:D

I had intended this to be a predominantly blue block but somehow those sneaky purples stole the show. so I am determined that my next block will be green and I will get a blue one out of the bunch if it kills me! I am beginning to see too much purple in my blocks. Go figure, it is a favorite color of mine.

tomilu 02-19-2012 04:54 PM

Pretty blocks, girls. It is so interesting to see what you all do with color.

nickylsf 02-19-2012 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All these blocks are so pretty! Here is my Delaware. I have been working hard on my 2011 Houses BOM quilt, but took time out today to put Delaware together, scrappy as ever!

Janet My 02-19-2012 07:06 PM

Love the song Judy.... too funny.

nickylsf 02-19-2012 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by iwillquilt (Post 4987922)
This is stunning! Looks like a lightning storm in the middle of the night. I love it!

I agree, it's gorgeous.