Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

nickylsf 02-28-2012 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 5015910)
Here's Florida. You know, I didn't even notice, until starting to sew the eight sections together, that the fans reversed directions. I thought I had done something major wrong. Also, the first nine. I said I was going to name my quilt, and I'm going to call it Turquoise Sky. Turquoise won't be in every block, but in most. [ATTACH=CONFIG]316100[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]316101[/ATTACH]

Whitepine, these are beautiful. They really go well together.

paintmejudy 02-28-2012 09:11 AM

There was a posting under the "help" area that said the best size for this QB is 640 x 480. When It won't upload because it is too big, I right clicked and just typed in the 640 and it fixes it.

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 5011218)
I don't know what kind of camera you have but is you pic under pictures? If it is right click on it and go to "open with". It should give you some options. Find the option that lets you resize it. Also I will go try to find that link they have here to show you how to resize. I will return.

vintagemotif 02-28-2012 09:16 AM

Here's Florida. You know, I didn't even notice, until starting to sew the eight sections together, that the fans reversed directions. I thought I had done something major wrong. Also, the first nine. I said I was going to name my quilt, and I'm going to call it Turquoise Sky. Turquoise won't be in every block, but in most. [ATTACH=CONFIG]316100[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]316101[/ATTACH]

Whitepine, I love your name that you have chosen for your quilt, lovely blocks.

I love everyone's blocks!!!

It is always fun to see what fabrics everyone has used for their stars. Each star takes on a different appearance or style while still keeping the state star pattern.

paintmejudy 02-28-2012 09:16 AM

Some of you are saying you are dissapointed in the contrast of your fabrics. I found something wonderful that I love, and use it to highlight or contrast things in my art quilts, I think it would work here too. Neocolor. They look like Crayola crayons, and there are Neocolor 1 and Neocolor 2, one is permanent, the other is water soluable. I bought (by mistake) the water soluable one, so don't use it on washable quilts. But they are great. Found it online after a friend
told me about them.

And all the Florida blocks are coming out wonderful. Love them all.

tomilu 02-28-2012 12:14 PM

[QUOTE=whitepine;5015910]Here's Florida. You know, I didn't even notice, until starting to sew the eight sections together, that the fans reversed directions. I thought I had done something major wrong. Also, the first nine. I said I was going to name my quilt, and I'm going to call it Turquoise Sky. Turquoise won't be in every block, but in most. QUOTE]

Are you going to make a quilt with these 9 lucious blocks? You have done a wonderful job.

Patricia Faye 02-28-2012 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5016093)
Some of you are saying you are dissapointed in the contrast of your fabrics. I found something wonderful that I love, and use it to highlight or contrast things in my art quilts, I think it would work here too. Neocolor. They look like Crayola crayons, and there are Neocolor 1 and Neocolor 2, one is permanent, the other is water soluable. I bought (by mistake) the water soluable one, so don't use it on washable quilts. But they are great. Found it online after a friend
told me about them.

And all the Florida blocks are coming out wonderful. Love them all.

I ordered a set from Amazon today to give it a try. Thank you so much for sharing this suggestion. I can hardly wait to receive them so I can try them out!

SheriR 02-28-2012 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5016093)
Some of you are saying you are dissapointed in the contrast of your fabrics. I found something wonderful that I love, and use it to highlight or contrast things in my art quilts, I think it would work here too. Neocolor. They look like Crayola crayons, and there are Neocolor 1 and Neocolor 2, one is permanent, the other is water soluable. I bought (by mistake) the water soluable one, so don't use it on washable quilts. But they are great. Found it online after a friend told me about them.

Judy could you post a pic demonstrating them please?

whitepine 02-28-2012 07:29 PM

[QUOTE=tomilu;5016500]

Here's Florida. You know, I didn't even notice, until starting to sew the eight sections together, that the fans reversed directions. I thought I had done something major wrong. Also, the first nine. I said I was going to name my quilt, and I'm going to call it Turquoise Sky. Turquoise won't be in every block, but in most. QUOTE]

Are you going to make a quilt with these 9 lucious blocks? You have done a wonderful job.

Thanks, Tomilu. No, I'm planning on doing a king sized bedspread with all 50. How about you? Do you have plans yet?

tomilu 02-28-2012 08:50 PM

[QUOTE=whitepine;5017531]

Originally Posted by tomilu (Post 5016500)

Thanks, Tomilu. No, I'm planning on doing a king sized bedspread with all 50. How about you? Do you have plans yet?

I really haven't decided; may do a couple of quilts. Our bed is queen.

paintmejudy 02-29-2012 08:49 AM

They look just like crayons, and you use them like crayons. Some areas heavily shaded, some lightly colored. Don't know how a pix would show how to use them. Sorry