Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

janey39quilts 01-21-2012 06:46 AM

When I first started this journey, I thought I can do one block a week. It seemed so easy. Now I think, WOW, this is ONE BLOCK A WEEK!!! Hope I can keep up!!!

Xtgirl 01-21-2012 06:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, Here is my Alabama. It is my very first paper piecing project. I really enjoyed it, but it does take a lot of effort...Hope to catch up and finish the other stars this weekend:)

sue z q 01-21-2012 07:12 AM

Xtgirl: Your Alabama is beautiful; you are one ahead of me. I can't decide what colors I want to use.

iwillquilt 01-21-2012 07:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lots of pretties to look at today. Great job everyone. I finished my Arkansas block. Thought while I working on it that it was going to be my favorite as far as color. Reminded me of a peace rose. After it is complete I am not so sure. Very dissapointed in it. But it is done and on to the next.

tomilu 01-21-2012 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Xtgirl (Post 4895627)
Ok, Here is my Alabama. It is my very first paper piecing project. I really enjoyed it, but it does take a lot of effort...Hope to catch up and finish the other stars this weekend:)

You did just super, girl. I find that if I sort of chain piece, doing a number in all sections and then on to the next number, it goes faster for me.

tomilu 01-21-2012 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by iwillquilt (Post 4895704)
Lots of pretties to look at today. Great job everyone. I finished my Arkansas block. Thought while I working on it that it was going to be my favorite as far as color. Reminded me of a peace rose. After it is complete I am not so sure. Very dissapointed in it. But it is done and on to the next.

I like your block; it is bright and cheery.

Janet My 01-21-2012 07:32 AM

Wow xt & iwill.... beautiful blocks.... Great Job... OK, now I have to get off this thing and get my fabrics sorted for California... That's the hardest part. You pick the fabrics, and until it's all done... you can't see what it looks like. I got a surprise with some of my blocks... as I was piecing I really thought it was not going to look good at all. Was pleasantly surprised at the end.

paintmejudy 01-21-2012 08:01 AM

Jan in FL - beautiful block and you did a fabulous job. All the blocks are fabulous, aren't they?

whitepine 01-21-2012 08:04 AM

All the new blocks are beautiful. Newbee, I love your Alaska block, and Xtgirl, your Alabama just seems to sparkle.

I sure agree with the comments on color. I lay the fabric out and they look good together but the end product is still a surprise (good or bad). Once I even did one section alone just to see what the colors would look like but that was too much trouble and I decided to just go for it and embrace the surprise. :)

paintmejudy 01-21-2012 08:06 AM

I took my little 4-block Hawaii wall hanging to Bernina Club last week, told them what a bunch of us were doing by working through the book, and from the moans and groans you would have thought I kicked everyone in the kneecaps! Seriously - so many of them mumbled "I hate paper piecing!" But I am addicted, think it is so much fun. And all the blocks that have been posted are absolutely beautiful. Pokerdiva is right - you cannot tell the experienced from the newly addicted!

Originally Posted by Janet My (Post 4895585)
PokerDiva.... I think you have created a bunch of PP'ing monsters.... I really like doing PP. Before I started, I was very intimidated by them. Now I think I may be doing all my quilts this way. Thanks for the incentive push. I like doing new things and learning all the different ways of quilting. Next hurdle for me will be applique... that scares me to death. I can't hand sew to save my life.