Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

nickylsf 02-07-2012 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Colorado Star. Another fun and easy block!

newbee3 02-07-2012 08:14 PM

I don't think the backgrounds will all be the same running out of fabric and it is fabric from 2009 it will be from the same company and same colors just design will be different. I think it will be okay

Mad Mimm 02-07-2012 08:45 PM

Nicky, that is a lovely block - that dark purple just pops. I noticed your location is Twain Harte - I ended up there one day to attend a craft festival (many years back) and thought it was the most charming town!

whitepine 02-08-2012 07:21 AM

Nicky, Very luscious colors.

nickylsf 02-08-2012 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mad Mimm (Post 4953901)
Nicky, that is a lovely block - that dark purple just pops. I noticed your location is Twain Harte - I ended up there one day to attend a craft festival (many years back) and thought it was the most charming town!

Thank you Mimm, yes they still have the craft festival; in fact we went to it last summer. Twain Harte is very nice, and always a few degrees cooler than Sonora, because of the elevation. Another highlight is Twain Harte Pharmacy, which has a huge crafts section and is one of my favorite places to buy fabric!

tomilu 02-08-2012 09:28 AM

Love your block,Nicky. Today I'm on the longarm with a very difficult quilt. It was pieced by a beginner and far beyond the skill level; say ruffled borders and nothing is matched or straight. So it's minimal quilting for this one. As soon as I get it done, there are four QOVs that need to be done asap. And I haven't even started my block for last week, sigh.
tomilu

Momma_K 02-08-2012 11:16 AM

ALL Of these Stars are wonderful, Nicky you'rs is just Heavenly!

OK!! I finally got my CD ordered for the stars!! YIPPIE!!!! Also my sweetheart in NY ordered me some awesome fabrics to use for these so I'm excited and will be joining you all ASAP!! :)

vintagemotif 02-08-2012 07:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'll be joining too! After picking up the book at the library and thumbing through it, I felt a bit daunted to even start this project. BOM/week projects are new to me. I'm following the BOM project which January's block was a first for me in paper piecing. Naturally, after looking closely at some of the more intricate stars, I thought no way am I going to get through all of them. So, I told myself instead of doing the entire 50 blocks, just pick out three that look doable and use them in a quilt. So, here are those three blocks that will be put into one quilt. The blocks are Delaware, Kansas, and Ohio. Well, after following this thread (lurking) and seeing all the beautiful stars, I'm jumping in. I will be doing all 50 stars, but not in the colors of red, white, and grey. The 50 stars will be a rainbow of colors! Thanks!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]310151[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]310152[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]310153[/ATTACH]

Fraew 02-08-2012 08:41 PM

Vintagemotif those stars are BEAUTIFUL!!!! 50 would look amazing in those colors too. Nice work.

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for you to complete the 3?

vintagemotif 02-08-2012 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 4957156)
Vintagemotif those stars are BEAUTIFUL!!!! 50 would look amazing in those colors too. Nice work.

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for you to complete the 3?

Thank you. I don't have enough of those fabrics to do all 50 stars. Plus, I would get bored seeing the same fabrics.

The Ohio block was the first to complete, which took me about a week (off and on, got side track with a vintage sewing machine purchase). The other two stars each took an evening to do, about 3 hours of work while watching tv.