Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

PokerDiva 02-09-2012 06:03 AM

Welcome aboard vintagemotif, your stars look wonderful. Nicky, beautiful star. I still haven't made mine over again. Maybe today, maybe not.

wvhill22 02-09-2012 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 4957026)
I'll be joining too! After picking up the book at the library and thumbing through it, I felt a bit daunted to even start this project. BOM/week projects are new to me. I'm following the BOM project which January's block was a first for me in paper piecing. Naturally, after looking closely at some of the more intricate stars, I thought no way am I going to get through all of them. So, I told myself instead of doing the entire 50 blocks, just pick out three that look doable and use them in a quilt. So, here are those three blocks that will be put into one quilt. The blocks are Delaware, Kansas, and Ohio. Well, after following this thread (lurking) and seeing all the beautiful stars, I'm jumping in. I will be doing all 50 stars, but not in the colors of red, white, and grey. The 50 stars will be a rainbow of colors! Thanks!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]310151[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]310152[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]310153[/ATTACH]

I love that you have used three prints. some of these blocks are just over whelming to me when I go to find 6 or 7 different fabrics. That is the worst part picking from my scrapes. Other than that I am loving this project

tomilu 02-10-2012 06:18 AM

I love those red stars; great job. I have been soo busy quilting on the longarm for QOV that I still haven't done last week's block or this one. And we were going on a road trip to some QSs but the wind chill is just too much for us retired ladies. And next week is quilt retreat and we are forecast to have snow off and on all week. :thumbdown: Which wouldn't be bad, but I'm driving back and forth. So we shall see.
Have a blessed day, all.

Janet My 02-10-2012 09:22 PM

Well, it's been very quiet on this thread today.... I hope that means every one has been working like crazy on their stars. I'm a little ahead, but I will be missing a week from sewing when I'm away at the end of the month.

whitepine 02-11-2012 08:38 AM

Janet, I was thinking the same thing. Today's Saturday, maybe we'll be seeing a few more Colorados today. :cool:

moonwork42029 02-11-2012 08:45 AM

Can't believe the Colorado block is eating me up! I have ripped out one final triangle 5 times on the last section! GGGGRRRRRRR I gave up the other night and I will cut an oversized piece today and master this monster! I will I will I will. For a blocks with so few pieces, I guess I was too cocky because I have ripped out more on this little beast than all the other blocks together. I did fussy cut some of the pieces and thought that was a pain but that ended up being the easy part so far.

I have the next star copied and the fabrics picked out and I can hardly wait to finish this Colorado catastrophic chaos.

PokerDiva 02-11-2012 08:54 AM

We are all rooting for you Moonwork. Can't wait to see it.

Mad Mimm 02-11-2012 10:16 AM

Hang in there Moonwork, you will conquer the beast! :)

meanmom 02-11-2012 04:04 PM

I finished my Florida block last night. I have worked ahead because I am going to have to put it aside for several weeks because I have been contracted to do a t-shirt quilt. I didn't really want to do it but he is a good friend. I also have a couple of baby quilts to fit in too. I was waiting on the t-shirts and am undecided on the baby quilt so I worked on my stars while waiting. I look forward to seeing all the pictures.

PokerDiva 02-11-2012 05:06 PM

Everybody ready for Connecticut's big reveal in the AM?