Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

nickylsf 06-19-2012 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 5295063)
You are right Mona Lisa. Very pretty. We made it ladies. Send up the flares. We are at the halfway point. Here is my #25 Missouri.

Wow! That is gorgeous. I am almost caught up, half way through with Missouri. Finally!

nickylsf 06-19-2012 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Patricia Faye (Post 5293689)
I have the book "Quilts for Rosie - Paper Piecing Patterns from the '40s" by Carolyn Cullinan McCormick that I would like to do. I loved doing the stars but want to do something else too. There are 20 blocks and the Sampler Quilt can be completed in either 4" or 10" blocks. I bought the book last year through Amazon.com and since I've finished the stars I'm thinking about working on this next. I think this would be a good one for a BOM or week. I was trying to find out how to set it up like this one, but couldn't find the steps/procedure to recommend/volunteer to do it. I sent a PM to an administrator for help.

What do you think? The book was about $20 - $25 but has everything you need (except the fabric, of course.) You may be able to get it even cheaper if you do some searching or a local library has it. The nice part is these are all paper pieced.

Patricia, congratulations on finishing the stars! Did you post a pic of your completed quilt? If so, I must have missed it.

whitepine 06-19-2012 07:52 AM

Nicky, Love your Michigan. I agree with you about it being time consuming and I'm not looking forward to S. Carolina, which is almost the same.

Vivian, Thanks for posting your star quilt. I don't have particular ideas for borders but enjoyed seeing stars on point. We're only halfway in ours, but it's time to start thinking about possible placements. I also like seeing the effect of different backgrounds. So far, mine are all the same and I have to decide soon if I want some to be different.

nickylsf 06-19-2012 08:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Mississippi. Almost caught up!

PokerDiva 06-19-2012 08:04 AM

Boy Nicky, that one just pops. You are doing just great catching up.

nickylsf 06-19-2012 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally caught up! Here is my Missouri.

Patricia Faye 06-19-2012 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by nickylsf (Post 5300441)
Patricia, congratulations on finishing the stars! Did you post a pic of your completed quilt? If so, I must have missed it.

Thanks nickylsf. I'm finishing up several other projects and still considering how to put the blocks together, backing & binding colors. I will definitely post a pic once I get it finished. I still enjoying seeing everyone's blocks.

PokerDiva 06-20-2012 04:48 AM

Good job on the catch up Nicky. Another outstanding block. Love the yellow.

Mona Lisa 2011 06-20-2012 06:07 AM

quilts for Rosie

Originally Posted by Patricia Faye (Post 5293689)
I have the book "Quilts for Rosie - Paper Piecing Patterns from the '40s" by Carolyn Cullinan McCormick that I would like to do. I loved doing the stars but want to do something else too. There are 20 blocks and the Sampler Quilt can be completed in either 4" or 10" blocks. I bought the book last year through Amazon.com and since I've finished the stars I'm thinking about working on this next. I think this would be a good one for a BOM or week. I was trying to find out how to set it up like this one, but couldn't find the steps/procedure to recommend/volunteer to do it. I sent a PM to an administrator for help.

What do you think? The book was about $20 - $25 but has everything you need (except the fabric, of course.) You may be able to get it even cheaper if you do some searching or a local library has it. The nice part is these are all paper pieced.

I just looked at the book on Amazon, but couldn't tell what any of the blocks looked like. Could you posted a picture of some of the blocks in the book? I would hate to buy the book and not like the blocks. I am sick to death of stars. I just finished doing about 100 and was thinking.....Garden.

Patricia Faye 06-20-2012 10:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 2011 (Post 5302776)
I just looked at the book on Amazon, but couldn't tell what any of the blocks looked like. Could you posted a picture of some of the blocks in the book? I would hate to buy the book and not like the blocks. I am sick to death of stars. I just finished doing about 100 and was thinking.....Garden.

:eek: These are upside down...sorry [ATTACH=CONFIG]343431[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]343432[/ATTACH]