Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

DoriDeS 01-30-2012 09:37 AM

Nicky your blocks are beautiful!!! In fact all the blocks that have been posted on this swap are georgous and make me want to start this quilt!!!

Originally Posted by nickylsf (Post 4923926)
Here is my California Star, and I will also post the other four. I am really enjoying this project!

Mad Mimm 01-30-2012 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Momma_K (Post 4925016)
Everyones blocks are just beautiful!! I thought I had the book of Stars but what I have is the Bright and Bold Blocks and another one of Paper Piecing. I could order the Stars book but so affraid I'd never get caught up! If I'm not mistaken you have 4 done for this month already.......! I could try!!

Momma K you should jump right in whenever you like. I have only completed two blocks but that is not stopping me. I still pop on, ogle the beautiful blocks, and promise everyone I will complete another one soon! Haha!! There are many of us moving at our own pace and the beauty of this BOW is getting to see what everyone comes up with and sharing. No deadlines - this is supposed to be fun. You should join us - I'll bet you will finish ahead of me LOL!

Momma_K 01-30-2012 11:01 AM

WOW!! Thank you for the encouragement ladies!!! That's the fuel that feeds the fire, Kindness! I'll have to order the book but shouldn't take long to get here!! You're a great group of women!! Thank... I need this!! See you soon!! In the meanwhile I hope you don't mind my peeking in at times!!:o

PokerDiva 01-30-2012 12:04 PM

Peek away Momma K.

wvhill22 01-30-2012 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here are all mine.. scrappy for sure..so many pretty blocks on here. have a great week everyone!

Mad Mimm 01-30-2012 03:01 PM

vwhill - scrapalicious!!! I really like the fabrics you chose on your California block - it is very striking!

moonwork42029 01-30-2012 09:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Early for me -- Here's my California. For only 96 pieces they sure seemed like a lot more.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]307734[/ATTACH]

Here's all 5 of my blocks...hope you can feel the 30's vibe going on.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]307735[/ATTACH]

Deecee 01-30-2012 09:19 PM

I'm feeling that 30's vibe Moonwork. Great work.

Well my book has arrived and it is nice to be able to flick through and see the full pattern for all the stars and blocks x 4 as well as seeing them in actual fabric as opposed to the colour print ¼ block in the download. But the download does enable me to just print out the foundation in whatever size I choose. Obviously I needed both.

moonwork42029 01-30-2012 09:40 PM

I wondered about getting the download but I ended up just making copies of the book...don't know if I saved any money but figured I could make the copies as I need them too. I get more from seeing the examples on here than from her book...to me, the ones in the book are kinda funky fabrics for the most part...but that is just my opinion...hey who am I to say funky...I've got dancing bunny couples and cartoon babies on one, lol.

Deecee 01-30-2012 09:56 PM

I'm really just a compulsive book collector. I could manage fine with just the download but I WANTED to look at all the pics in the book and when I saw it on sale and with free shipping, how could I resist?