Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

sandy l 02-05-2012 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is my California and Colorado blocks[ATTACH=CONFIG]309248[/ATTACH]

newbee3 02-05-2012 03:08 PM

I am planning on making a quilt for myself with them so far I could change my mind down the road

newbee3 02-05-2012 03:10 PM

thanks for the information

Mad Mimm 02-05-2012 04:01 PM

Ladies these blocks are really looking good! Sheri you are cracking me up - backwards and all the blocks you are making are looking great! I did not see the mistake either - and you wouldn't unless you were looking at another set of blocks or a picture of them.

I really like the variety of colors and fabrics that are being used; it gives you such a wonderful array of possibilities.

I cut my Arkansas block today and will get it started tonight. I am still FMQing away on that baby quilt but I don't want to get any further behind - especially since we are up to Colorado already! I am seeing everyone's California blocks and can't wait to get to that one so I better get on the ball!

Enjoying the show ladies, keep it coming!

Janet My 02-05-2012 05:58 PM

I'm planning on doing 2 quilts... one with the dark and one light background. That's till I get to the end of this and decide otherwise. I was taking today with DH about it. He wants me to put them all together and hang it on the wall in our staircase area. I have 3 painting there now and will have no idea where I'm going to put them. I'll have time to think about that. Now the "How am I going to quilt it?" question is a Big Question. I have no idea yet.

PokerDiva 02-05-2012 06:04 PM

After looking at all the Colorado posted so far, I am really not liking the center on mine. I may need to make another. I still need 5 more extra blocks anyway. Hmmmmm. Yep keep an eye out later in the week.

Mad Mimm 02-05-2012 08:43 PM

Okay so I am a doofus. I said I cut my Arkansas when, in fact, I am still on Arizona. I rushed down to my trusty machine the moment the children were in bed to begin piecing (very excited to see this color combo come together) and then what do you think? Yup, the machine is not working properly. My one and only sewing machine has feed dogs that apparently are not hungry and won't feed (I posted a thread in the main section about it).

Grrrr... is this the universe's way of telling me I need to spend more time on my housework???

I'll keep you posted - push comes to shove, I will call my local quilty friend and borrow one of her eight machines from her. I think I finally understand why quilters have more than one sewing machine!!

newbee3 02-05-2012 10:25 PM

finally got them all together

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my blocks hope you like them

SheriR 02-05-2012 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by newbee3 (Post 4947172)

Those are so pretty. Very nice job. I love your colors.

tomilu 02-06-2012 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by newbee3 (Post 4947172)

A pretty collection so far, newbee. Thanks for sharing them with us. I still need to do my latest and really need to get a quilt off the longarm today. Have a wonderful day, all.