Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

Patricia Faye 06-16-2012 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 2011 (Post 5292552)
I would love to do another sew along after this with paper piecing. Anything BUT stars or compasses.

I have the book "Quilts for Rosie - Paper Piecing Patterns from the '40s" by Carolyn Cullinan McCormick that I would like to do. I loved doing the stars but want to do something else too. There are 20 blocks and the Sampler Quilt can be completed in either 4" or 10" blocks. I bought the book last year through Amazon.com and since I've finished the stars I'm thinking about working on this next. I think this would be a good one for a BOM or week. I was trying to find out how to set it up like this one, but couldn't find the steps/procedure to recommend/volunteer to do it. I sent a PM to an administrator for help.

What do you think? The book was about $20 - $25 but has everything you need (except the fabric, of course.) You may be able to get it even cheaper if you do some searching or a local library has it. The nice part is these are all paper pieced.

PokerDiva 06-16-2012 12:23 PM

All you have to do is PM Patrice and tell her what you want to do. She will ask you how you are going to word it. I am going to go see if I can find out anything about the book.

PokerDiva 06-16-2012 12:30 PM

I just went to Amazon. There was only one left in stock and it didn't really show what the blocks looked like. You would have to pick something that was readily available to everyone.

meanmom 06-16-2012 12:31 PM

MonaLisa I have been looking at compass patterns but haven't decided on one yet. I am up to date on my stars but I can't post pictures right now. Not sure what is going on but I cant seem to get my pictures to go from my camera to my computer. I think something is screwed up in iPhoto. I will get someone to help me next week. I am not good at computers. I just started my Dear Jane quilt this week. I have been wanting to make one for over a year. I look forward to seeing everyones blocks tomorrow.

Mona Lisa 2011 06-17-2012 12:50 AM

North Dakota

1 Attachment(s)
This block is a beauty, but I would hate to make a whole quilt...........

PokerDiva 06-17-2012 04:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You are right Mona Lisa. Very pretty. We made it ladies. Send up the flares. We are at the halfway point. Here is my #25 Missouri.

wvhill22 06-17-2012 06:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Missouri..Halfway there..whoo hoo

PokerDiva 06-17-2012 06:40 AM

Very nice Patrice. Doesn't it make you feel like we have really accomplished something. We are now on the downhill slide.

ckcowl 06-17-2012 07:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here's my Missouri- not my favorite block- but turned out ok i guess---as usual everyone's are wonderful again this week! i love them all.[ATTACH=CONFIG]342671[/ATTACH]

whitepine 06-17-2012 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
PokerDiva, Your block is definitely a celebration. Love it. Wvhill & Ckcowl....great Missouris. MonaLisa, Your North Dakota IS a beauty. Halfway through the stars, let's see, we must be in the Andromeda Galaxy. Either that or we must be nuts.[ATTACH=CONFIG]342675[/ATTACH]