Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

vintagemotif 04-01-2012 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by nickylsf (Post 5107764)
Here is my scrappy Indiana. This one was really fun! But then I say that every week! :)

That's pretty!!

klgreene 04-01-2012 01:38 PM

Indiana

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Indiana, I did keep up! And hopefully I will continue to keep up. I better cut out a couple blocks at a time. It's the first of the month, first of the week, and tomorrow the 1940 census comes out, which is what is taking me away from my quilting at the moment.

Patricia Faye 04-01-2012 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene (Post 5108238)
Here is my Indiana, I did keep up! And hopefully I will continue to keep up. I better cut out a couple blocks at a time. It's the first of the month, first of the week, and tomorrow the 1940 census comes out, which is what is taking me away from my quilting at the moment.

Very pretty block. I usually cut the fabric for 5-10 blocks so they are ready to sew. I guess that's my least fabric part about quilting...the cutting!

I do indexing for Ancestry.com & FamilySearch. I'm excited that the 1940 Census is going to be available soon, but I'll also be busy indexing so I'm glad I'm ahead on my BOMs and the 50 Fab Stars. I sew during the day & then usually do the indexing in the evenings while my husband watches TV. I plan on doing more indexing during the day to help make more records available to others.

klgreene 04-01-2012 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Patricia Faye (Post 5108753)
Very pretty block. I usually cut the fabric for 5-10 blocks so they are ready to sew. I guess that's my least fabric part about quilting...the cutting!

I do indexing for Ancestry.com & FamilySearch. I'm excited that the 1940 Census is going to be available soon, but I'll also be busy indexing so I'm glad I'm ahead on my BOMs and the 50 Fab Stars. I sew during the day & then usually do the indexing in the evenings while my husband watches TV. I plan on doing more indexing during the day to help make more records available to others.

That's what I've been doing, but unfortunately I've had some other things to do during the day, so quilting was put on the back burner for a little bit. I used to do all my cutting in the evening, but since I started Ancestry, I have to cut and sew during the day. I'll be trying to keep up with my blocks because I don't want to get behind.

meanmom 04-01-2012 05:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Indiana. I finally got around to going upstairs to get it. I know I am behind the times but I spent most of the day reading "The Hunger Games." A pretty good book.

Patricia Faye 04-01-2012 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 5109021)
Here is my Indiana. I finally got around to going upstairs to get it. I know I am behind the times but I spent most of the day reading "The Hunger Games." A pretty good book.

Great looking block. Love your background fabric too. Loved the 1st book of "The Hunger Games" and now I'm reading the 2nd one...there are 3. I read for about an hour at bedtime. So I'm off to bed to read for a while. Have a great week.

meanmom 04-02-2012 04:16 AM

I read the entire book one of "The Hunger Games" yesterday. I have a bad habit of starting a book and being unable to put it down. I am waiting for book 2 from the library. I hope I get it this week as I am off for spring break. Otherwise I have to go to work with no sleep because I will stay up half the night reading. I might go see the movie this week.

whitepine 04-02-2012 07:12 AM

Love it, Meanmom. VERY quirky. :) The block, not the book because I haven't read it.

whitepine 04-02-2012 09:35 AM

Klgreene, Very pretty block.

paintmejudy 04-02-2012 01:03 PM

Everybody's blocks are spectacular!