Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

paintmejudy 04-22-2012 05:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My Old Kentucky Home
Words and Music by: Stephen C. Foster

The sun shines bright in the old Kentucky home
'Tis summer, the people are gay;
The corn top's ripe and the meadow's in the bloom,
While the birds make music all the day;
The young folks roll on the little cabin floor,
All merry, all happy, and bright,
By'n by hard times comes a-knocking at the door,
Then my old Kentucky home, good night!
Chorus

Weep no more, my lady,
Oh weep no more today!
We will sing one song for the old Kentucky home,
For the old Kentucky home far away.

paintmejudy 04-22-2012 05:20 AM

Florence, your Kentucky is outstanding and sure would make a beautiful quilt all the blocks the same.

Mona Lisa, gorgeous colors in your Kentucky.

QuilterMomma 04-22-2012 05:22 AM

Ok, I am sucked in on this one I think. Will try to figure my time out first. I had the book once, loaned it to a friend, she died and the family never returned it to me. Miss her much. So found one on Ebay and got it for $11 with the CD. I am excited about that. I have made the Montana star out of it when I was once in an old swap. So I found this thread and I would like to do this one. Next week may be my first star and as I see from the thread, we all start at the beginning of the book and working our way thru. I may pick up where we are at right now and then do two a week to get caught up, one from the beg and the current one. It works in theory.

wvhill22 04-22-2012 05:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
oh just beautiful. Yes I think the sunday's keep coming around faster as well. Here is my KY

wvhill22 04-22-2012 05:39 AM

Welcome Quiltermomma..you will love it here.

PokerDiva 04-22-2012 06:32 AM

All stars are beautiful again this week. Judy the color choices you made in the center make the block look so different. QuilterMomma, welcome. I think your idea of starting where we are and catching up when you can is a good idea. We have several people who got started late. Can't wait to see you first star.

Momma_K 04-22-2012 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5161147)
Ok, I am sucked in on this one I think. Will try to figure my time out first. I had the book once, loaned it to a friend, she died and the family never returned it to me. Miss her much. So found one on Ebay and got it for $11 with the CD. I am excited about that. I have made the Montana star out of it when I was once in an old swap. So I found this thread and I would like to do this one. Next week may be my first star and as I see from the thread, we all start at the beginning of the book and working our way thru. I may pick up where we are at right now and then do two a week to get caught up, one from the beg and the current one. It works in theory.

I'm with you on this one Quiltermomma...I bought this book and cd back when this thread started and seems like health and family got a little heavy for me. Now, depression and the ceiling seems to had fallen in on me and I neeeed something to keep mind and body busy. Something I don't have to mail in or have a dealine for. SO, this may be my nitch to gt me back into the sewing swing of things. I love the stars I've seen so far and with all of the fabric I have, Good Lord I could go thru this book 4 times if needed!! Prayers needed while I give it a try. Starting one day this week. Have to clear up the sewing area...;-)

klgreene 04-22-2012 06:59 AM

Kentucky

1 Attachment(s)
I kept up easily this week, so hope I continue too. Here is my Kentucky Star. FYI, as of April 4, Carol Doak has HER tutorial on her web site. And it is so much easier than the way I first learned. I've gotten enough confidence that I'm working on a miniature lone star PP, diamond size is 1/2". I could never had done this if I hadn't learned Carol's way of PP. So I'm real thankful this group started.

Well here is Kentucky.

whitepine 04-22-2012 07:17 AM

Beautiful Kentuckys ladies. Mine's almost ready, hopfully tomorrow. And yes, PokerDiva, I agree that Sundays are coming quicker, especially with some good weather finally hitting the pacific northwest and being able to get out into the garden.

Welcome MommaK and QuilterMomma. Glad you're joining the star struck. I love your avatar MommaK.

Song(s) to sew by this week...Judy, I don't know why but I didn't even think of My Old Kentucky Home. I guess I didn't think long because I had another in mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDwm3QIwfg

Momma_K 04-22-2012 07:28 AM

Thank You WhitePine, I'll try to make all of you proud of my Stars.

KLGreene I love your choice of colors!!
This is such an inspiration to me!! Thanks to all!