Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

Momma_K 04-22-2012 07:49 AM

[Moonwork42029...
I couldn't help but read where you're from "Possum Trot" KY. I'm just half a mile from "Possum Creek" TN! Actually it's the name of the creek in Soddy Daisy....yeah I know. We get a lot of laughs with these names!!

paintmejudy 04-22-2012 07:50 AM

Quiltermomma and momma k, welcome, you'll love it here, and the stars are so much fun to make and especially to see what others make.

ckcowl 04-22-2012 07:55 AM

oh i love (of course every week) the new stars today! i need to get into the sewing room and make mine- after breakfast i went in to quilt a customer quilt---usually i start my sunday with my star---this week i felt the need to get going on the quilt first---but now that i am to the middle & taking a break i really want to go make my star! i Love pokerDiva's ( i love them all) but her's really appeals to me this week :thumbup:

Momma_K 04-22-2012 07:56 AM

Thank you PaintmeJudy! I just printed my Kansas block, soooo...we'll see what I can do!! I'll post a pic when finished!

Patricia Faye 04-22-2012 08:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning everyone! Here are the 6 blocks I completed last week. Only 10 left to complete & then I'll begin working on putting it together. I'm still thinking about what to do about the sashing.

Row 1: Ohio, Oklahoma & Oregon (Ohio & Oregon are my favorites)
Row 2: Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, & South Dakota

[ATTACH=CONFIG]329719[/ATTACH]

Fraew 04-22-2012 09:42 AM

Beautiful blocks everyone!

@MommaK and QuilterMomma - Yes! Just what I needed...some new buddies to get started with. I'm in too on the start where we are and catch up as we can. Yeah!

@Sherri - Come on...play catch up with us. :)

tomilu 04-22-2012 10:10 AM

So pretty, ladies!!!! I have my fabrics picked out. I hope to get mine done this afternoon.

ckcowl 04-22-2012 10:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok- went in & made my star after lunch- before the Tigers game started I didn't want to take a chance of getting behind-so here it is & have to say...
Patricia Faye----your blocks are Wonderful! my favorite (so far) out of all of them is the Ohio Star- and yours certainly does not let me down! i have made that star over & over many times over the years---i love that star!
great job! i look forward to seeing your quilt come together!
are you making the 6 alternate blocks too? that's my plan to make 56 so i can put it together 7 across-8 down.
anyhow- beautiful!
here's my Kentucky-[ATTACH=CONFIG]329757[/ATTACH]

meanmom 04-22-2012 11:52 AM

Welcome MommaK and Quiltermomma. Don't pressure yourselves to catch up. This is a fun group. MommaK I just saw you in another group I am a member of. Welcome there too. Wow the blocks are so beautiful again this week. I am now 2 weeks behind. Pokerdiva the center of yours almost looks like it is going to pop off of the screen. I hope to catch up soon. I finished a baby quilt this morning at 1:00 AM that was for a shower today and need to have another one finished by May 18th. I have fabric that is all that is finished. As soon as I work out the design I will start. I am going to try to take a day off of work this week to play catch up with things. I agree the Sundays keep coming faster and faster.
The LQS has been bugging me to teach a class for a while. I caved yesterday and am teaching a class for the spicy spiral table runner In June and a paper piecing class sometime this summer, pattern and project still to be determined. I have never taught a class before. Hope it goes ok. We scheduled my class the day that my favorite teacher works in case I tun into a problem.
Well off to my sewing room to figure out the design of the baby quilt. Happy sewing to everyone.
Pat

PokerDiva 04-22-2012 01:23 PM

Ladies, ladies, all beautiful stars this week. They seem to just get better and better.