Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

ckcowl 02-26-2012 04:11 AM

Florida star & 9-star layout

2 Attachment(s)
well, another Sunday of (eye-candy)
here is Florida---i might actually make a different one- we'll see-but this one is aweful dark-
and i went ahead and layed out my first 9 blocks to see how they are looking together- i better make a few more with some white in them- or that one white one is going to stick out like a sore thumb! :)

ckcowl 02-26-2012 04:13 AM

i will of course rearrange a hundred times before we finish these ;) but i am liking them so far---now i get to sit back and enjoy all of yours as they get posted! :)

Janet My 02-26-2012 05:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, Here is my Florida... I'm not happy with my color choices. I used the same fabric for all the middle sections. Just did not have anything in my stash to blend nicely.
This is kinda funny because this weeks block is Florida and I'm headed that way on Tuesday.
My block in done for next week, but I won't be able to post till Wednesday..
Have a Great Week all...

tomilu 02-26-2012 05:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 5009281)
i will of course rearrange a hundred times before we finish these ;) but i am liking them so far---now i get to sit back and enjoy all of yours as they get posted! :)

Love your blocks, CK. Here is my Florida.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]315466[/ATTACH]

janey39quilts 02-26-2012 05:50 AM

You two ladies are certainly up early and on the ball. They are just lovely. The black and blue look like a night sky. Janet My, I like your choices. The center sections stand out. Have fun in Florida, I envy you.

PokerDiva 02-26-2012 05:51 AM

#9 Florida

1 Attachment(s)
Wow, ck. Your stars look like they are actually in the sky. Here is mine from the Sunshine state. I wish we had some sunshine.

SheriR 02-26-2012 06:08 AM

Ckcowl I think your blocks look really REALLY great together. I wouldn't change a thing!

Pokerdiva Ive been meaning to say how much I love your stars too. I have some of your main and love it! When I saw it in your stars I kicked myself and thought "What a great idea". I look forward to your stars every week. Everyone here is doing such awesome work, I agree... Carol would be proud!

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 5009274)
well, another Sunday of (eye-candy)
here is Florida---i might actually make a different one- we'll see-but this one is aweful dark-
and i went ahead and layed out my first 9 blocks to see how they are looking together- i better make a few more with some white in them- or that one white one is going to stick out like a sore thumb! :)

Janet My 02-26-2012 06:18 AM

ck Love your blocks..Heck, I like everybody's blocks. .. are we posting the group together this week? If so..I will have to wait till I get back. My blocks are in my suitcase. Planning on working on getting the papers off and de-threading the basting threads when I'm away. Will give me something to do so I don't have sewing withdrawal. LOL

wvhill22 02-26-2012 06:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ckcowl..I am loving yours. I agree with the using some more white... Here is my florida..another one I am not happy with. I will try to post them all later

PokerDiva 02-26-2012 06:34 AM

Sheri, thank you. I have begun to second guess my choice of focus fabric. Not so much in person but in the pictures it seems to get muddled in the middle. Not changing now though. Janet, I am not going to post mine till I have 12 which is 2 more since I have done one extra. Which reminds me that I better do another extra or I will be stuck with them all at the end.

Everybody's stars are wonderful.