Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

wvhill22 02-26-2012 06:35 AM

who was doing the beach theme..I don't remember seeing any blocks from that one lately. Is she still with us?

iwillquilt 02-26-2012 07:17 AM

[QUOTE=wvhill22;5009545]ckcowl..I am loving yours. I agree with the using some more white... Here is my florida..another one I am not happy with. I will try to post them all later[/QUOTE

wvhill22 I don't guess it will matter to you since you are not happy with yours but I love them. They remind me of my grandparents. Not sure why. Maybe the colors or the deep richness of them. I feel like I could snuggle under your quilt and be back in my grandparents home in the 60's. I hope you like them once you get them all done and together. All the rest of your stars are wonderful as well!

paintmejudy 02-26-2012 07:40 AM

Realy like the black background. Very Dramatic.

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 5009281)
i will of course rearrange a hundred times before we finish these ;) but i am liking them so far---now i get to sit back and enjoy all of yours as they get posted! :)

whitepine 02-26-2012 08:02 AM

Beautiful stars so far. I think it was Rwquilts that was doing the beach theme. It's easier to remember quilts when they have a name or theme. I remember the beach theme and the 30's theme. I'm goin to name mine when I post. Not finished yet, probably tomorrow. But in the meantime, a song to sew by for Florida. This group was one of my favorites in my college days. Maybe Jan or Carsey (Floridians) will have another one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0TtI...eature=related

PokerDiva 02-26-2012 08:06 AM

Yes, I probably should start keeping track of who is doing what also. Can't seem to remember from one week to the next.

moonwork42029 02-26-2012 08:52 AM

Haven't started mine yet this week but do "think" I know which fabrics I want to use. I'm actually at work this morning playing "catch up" there...arghhh. Not my favorite thing to do but at least they still say "see you tomorrow". so that's a good thing.

Keeping with the 30's theme is a little harder than I thought because I do so love the bright colors, but I have lots and lots of the 30's I got for this project so I will just continue to drop in the color pops. After all is is just "mainly 30's" and I don't think I'll be arrested for color choices...lol...at least I hope I'm not. :shock:

klgreene 02-26-2012 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, don't you just love Sundays. We get to see everyone beautiful blocks. And as usual, I have not seen an ugly block yet. I don't think there can be one. This is my Floriday block. And every block I do, I keep thinking, why didn't I do it all in these colors. But mine is very scrappy except I am using a tonal beige background in all of them for the background. DH asks what I'm going to do with them all...and I told him, as some point this will be on our bed. I'm having so much fun with these blocks.

goldendog55 02-26-2012 09:28 AM

Beautiful!

Mad Mimm 02-26-2012 09:51 AM

Really lovely blocks ladies! CK with them all together they are really a cohesive group - but yeah add another white. It is so striking with the other fabrics you are using.
Poker D I like that focus fabric. I think the photos don't do the fabrics justice and when I look at yours I think they probably really have some "pop" when you are in the same room with them. Will be a very pretty grouping to see!
Janet My - That dark center gives a great secondary design so I am liking that block just fine - pretty colors!
Tomilu- I really want to see a grouping of yours again - your Florida block is lovely!!
Kgreene - that black and red together is so dramatic! Great job!
VW - I like those color choices!!! You sound like me though, I put stuff together and second guess myself afterwards. I bet when they are all together you are going to love it. If not, send em my way and I'll be happy to give them a home! :D

Lovely stuff ladies! I will as usual be posting mine off schedule as I will complete California this week. I have been home sick with a cold and two sick kids (fun fun fun!) and have only 3/8ths of my block finished. I am excited though - it is going to be a knockout!

Keep up the great work ladies!

meanmom 02-26-2012 10:36 AM

Everyones blocks are great. I am still having trouble uploading my pictures. I went to manage attachments. Found my photo. Clicked upload and nothing seems to happen.