Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

Xtgirl 12-21-2011 09:00 PM

I just bought the mariners compass book, the nine patch book and her DVD....but I've never paper pieced so this will be motivation to learn:) I'm in:) PS I ordered the last book amazon had..would you recommend the companion cd to print from the computer?

tomilu 12-22-2011 09:45 AM

You can copy from the book, just remember to add seam lines on the outer edges and check to see your computer copied at the correct size. I prefer to print from CDs and not mess with the scanner. Just my preference.
tomilu

paintmejudy 12-22-2011 05:02 PM

I don't use the scanner, just the copy function and they always turn out fine on my printer.

Originally Posted by tomilu (Post 4803026)
You can copy from the book, just remember to add seam lines on the outer edges and check to see your computer copied at the correct size. I prefer to print from CDs and not mess with the scanner. Just my preference.
tomilu

PokerDiva 12-22-2011 06:15 PM

I just hit copy too.

LindaC 12-23-2011 01:52 AM

My book arrived in the post yesterday. Can't wait to get started (even though I live in Ireland so don't really know much about any of the states). Am going to go through my fabrics over Christmas as want to use up what I have first.

PokerDiva 12-23-2011 07:40 AM

Linda, you don't have to know anything about the states. That is just a name she gave the stars. No correlation. She also has a book of stars named after countries. Maybe we should do that one next year. I can't wait to get stated either. Not long now.

Originally Posted by LindaC (Post 4804460)
My book arrived in the post yesterday. Can't wait to get started (even though I live in Ireland so don't really know much about any of the states). Am going to go through my fabrics over Christmas as want to use up what I have first.

SheriR 12-23-2011 07:53 AM

My book arrived yesterday too!!! Wrapped it up and tucked it under the tree. Merry Christmas to me. :) last summer I bought a half yard bundle of patriotic fabrics. I think they'll work nicely. With maybe a Muslin-ish base. What do you think? Ooo I will take a pic of them and show all y'all.

PokerDiva 12-23-2011 08:20 AM

Personally, I think it will be beautiful.

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 4805097)
My book arrived yesterday too!!! Wrapped it up and tucked it under the tree. Merry Christmas to me. :) last summer I bought a half yard bundle of patriotic fabrics. I think they'll work nicely. With maybe a Muslin-ish base. What do you think? Ooo I will take a pic of them and show all y'all.

sandy l 12-23-2011 08:40 AM

Not sure I can keep up with getting one a week done, but will give it a try. And maybe by the end of the year, I'll have figured out how to post pictures.:o

PokerDiva 12-23-2011 09:09 AM

Don't stress yourself out. Do them as you can. If you need help figuring out how to post a pic someone will help you. We want to see all the pretties.

Originally Posted by sandy l (Post 4805254)
Not sure I can keep up with getting one a week done, but will give it a try. And maybe by the end of the year, I'll have figured out how to post pictures.:o