Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

SheriR 12-24-2011 07:54 AM

I'll be able to look at my book tomorrow lol :)

klgreene 12-24-2011 08:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just scanned the Alabama block, although it's upside down, but you can still get the idea. one of these two sections is the original, the other I drew a pink line 1/4 " all around. You need that little extra fabric for your seam allowance. Simple as that. Now I'll draw around the other one, and copy it three more times, and I'm ready to go. Hope this helped.

tomilu 12-24-2011 08:24 AM

This am has been spent auditioning fabrics for this project. I'm changing colors again, as I have more of the blue, yellow and green to use up. Background will be a vivid blue and i have a coordinating daisy print for a one border. Now I have all these colors in one place so I can be more organized - what a deal!!
I bought some thin paper thinking the puter would like it, but it just burped and said No Way! So I will use what paper-piecing paper I have on hand. Perhaps JoAnn's will have some and I can use a coupon.
Anyway, Happy Christmas Eve to all and a blessed day tomorrow.

DJ 12-24-2011 09:05 AM

I'll get a copy from my library and consider this fun adventure!

SheriR 12-24-2011 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene (Post 4807749)
I just scanned the Alabama block, although it's upside down, but you can still get the idea. one of these two sections is the original, the other I drew a pink line 1/4 " all around. You need that little extra fabric for your seam allowance. Simple as that. Now I'll draw around the other one, and copy it three more times, and I'm ready to go. Hope this helped.

So I only need the seam allowance on the OUTSIDE edges. The rest is "paper pieced" and finished. ??

PokerDiva 12-24-2011 12:35 PM

Thank you for doing that Katie. Sheri, there are very good instructions in the front of the book. Read those before you start. I am sure you will have no problem but we are always here to confuse you some more.

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 4808289)
So I only need the seam allowance on the OUTSIDE edges. The rest is "paper pieced" and finished. ??

SheriR 12-24-2011 01:21 PM

LOL it doesn't take much to confuse me!! I'll look at the book when I unwrap it tomorrow. MAYBE I should learn to do the skill before I jump into a project!!! HAHA

klgreene 12-24-2011 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 4808385)
LOL it doesn't take much to confuse me!! I'll look at the book when I unwrap it tomorrow. MAYBE I should learn to do the skill before I jump into a project!!! HAHA

You can do it if I can...I'm dyslexic and boy it was a struggle in the beginning, but I just finished a Christmas Cactus with a gazillion pieces in it and it turned out wonderful.

tomilu 12-25-2011 05:22 AM

Merry christmas to everyone

ckcowl 12-25-2011 05:44 AM

great plan! i think i will join in- i have the book---and have made individual blocks over the years- but have not made them all- i tend to look through and choose a couple i like and incorporate those into a quilt---it will be a challenge i think i am up for-
now i need to decide on a (color scheme) i love the great Motivation and Inspiration we can find on the board! don't know why it took me a week to click on this topic...
anyway- i need to go look through the book- and look through fabrics---i think i will do--(controlled scrappy) and try to do them all without spending any $$! working exclusively out of my stash---add a little more challenge!
and one a week i think is great- i gave up on BOM's mainly because i get a block done---then waiting 4 weeks for the next one i loose interest and am so far away from it-after a couple months i've usually buried it away in a closet somewhere i think with one a week i will simply choose a day- and on the morning of that day make my block---before anything else-
ok- the wheels are turning- i'm motivated- COOL! it will be so fun to see pictures of how we all do!!!