Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

whitepine 12-27-2011 08:17 AM

The CD that came with my book didn't have the patterns, just the instructions and lots of hints. I've done PP but still picked up a lot of new hints. It's worth watching, IMHO. I hope to go fabric shopping this week, at least for a background. I've been looking at pictures of quilts all week; it's fun planning. I agree with Moonwork, the pictures in the book aren't an inspiration. Chay, I can't wait to see if you use all reds or blues. With all the red, and red & white fabric fabric available you would have lots of choices. Batiks?? Might not show the piecing to advantage. Hmmmmm........:)

nickylsf 12-27-2011 08:48 AM

Thank you Poker Diva, this sounds like fun! I own Quilt Pro for Mac, and there is a module available for the 50 Fab Stars Project. Count me in!

PokerDiva 12-27-2011 09:09 AM

If I can get my you know what in gear in the morning, I am going to go into town and see if Staples can deconstruct my book and set it up for a 3 ring binder. I also need to get some Rose of Sharon block patterns inlarged and get a hair cut. But I so hate to drive 10 miles to town. Got to be done sometime though. Oh yeah, I need to go to Joann's too. Somebody give me a kick.

klgreene 12-27-2011 11:06 AM

Pick me up, I'll go with you. LOL

tomilu 12-27-2011 12:57 PM

Today was not the day to drive anywhere in Wichita. I don't think anyone was at work and all the out-of-towners were on the road as well, lol. I did manage to get to the local sewing place where their Isacord emb. thread is 20% off.
I have started the Alabama block, trying to do it her way. Different, but I shall trudge on.
tomilu

PokerDiva 12-27-2011 01:09 PM

I better leave now then.

Originally Posted by klgreene (Post 4815496)
Pick me up, I'll go with you. LOL

paintmejudy 12-27-2011 01:20 PM

Did you feel my boot in your butt, girlfriend? Hee hee Hope you got all your errands run.

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 4815145)
If I can get my you know what in gear in the morning, I am going to go into town and see if Staples can deconstruct my book and set it up for a 3 ring binder. I also need to get some Rose of Sharon block patterns inlarged and get a hair cut. But I so hate to drive 10 miles to town. Got to be done sometime though. Oh yeah, I need to go to Joann's too. Somebody give me a kick.

paintmejudy 12-27-2011 01:25 PM

I go to Joanns and in the kids section, they have 9" x 12" pads of newsprint. I trim these to 8-1/2' x 11" and run them through the printer. Works very well.

Originally Posted by tomilu (Post 4807790)
I bought some thin paper thinking the puter would like it, but it just burped and said No Way! So I will use what paper-piecing paper I have on hand. Perhaps JoAnn's will have some and I can use a coupon.
Anyway, Happy Christmas Eve to all and a blessed day tomorrow.

PokerDiva 12-27-2011 01:29 PM

I was wondering what that was. Should have known.

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 4815850)
Did you feel my boot in your butt, girlfriend? Hee hee Hope you got all your errands run.

tomilu 12-27-2011 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 4815858)
I go to Joanns and in the kids section, they have 9" x 12" pads of newsprint. I trim these to 8-1/2' x 11" and run them through the printer. Works very well.

Never thought of that; will have to take a coupon and get myself there. Thanks.