Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

barbt 12-27-2011 01:52 PM

sounds like a great idea. I have that book and made already some of the stars. But this will give me an incentive to go on and finish them. Thank you.

barbt 12-27-2011 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu (Post 4815798)
Today was not the day to drive anywhere in Wichita. I don't think anyone was at work and all the out-of-towners were on the road as well, lol. I did manage to get to the local sewing place where their Isacord emb. thread is 20% off.
I have started the Alabama block, trying to do it her way. Different, but I shall trudge on.
tomilu

Please pick me up and I will go with you and visit friends of mine who moved to Wichita, Ks.

nickylsf 12-27-2011 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 4778655)
Looks like we may have a really nice group going. The more the merrier. To let you know my plan, I am going to use a focus fabric with many colors so that I will have a lot of choices in accent and background colors. That is the plan anyway. Also for those who want to join but don't have the book, I have been told that Amazon has used books that are in excellent condition and reasonable too.

You can also download Foundation Factory Carol Doak's fab 50 stars from www.quiltpro.com for $14.99. I stated earlier it was a module for quilt pro but actually it is a stand alone application.

hopetoquilt 12-27-2011 06:27 PM

Just ordered the book. WOOHOO. I have wanted to join a group like this for a while. Looking forward to getting started.

tomilu 12-28-2011 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by barbt (Post 4815922)
Please pick me up and I will go with you and visit friends of mine who moved to Wichita, Ks.

Would love to pick you up!! Does she knit or quilt? I just might run into her if she does.
tomilu

tomilu 12-28-2011 04:02 AM

I started my block last evening. I've never used her method for PP, but I like it and it may be very helpful to those new to PP. It is so nice to have the sizes to cut the various pieces for the blocks.
tomilu

meanmom 12-28-2011 05:58 AM

I am planning on doing all 50 stars. Does anyone know how much fabric is needed if I am planning on using the same fabric for the background on all of my stars? I was planning on making the stars out of scraps but would like the backgrounds to match. I pulled my book out last night to look it over to get ready to start.

tomilu 12-28-2011 06:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My best guess would be 3 yards. I forgot about sashing, so need to think about that as well. Here are two of my sections for a teaser. :o
[ATTACH=CONFIG]298388[/ATTACH]

LindaC 12-28-2011 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu (Post 4817634)
My best guess would be 3 yards. I forgot about sashing, so need to think about that as well. Here are two of my sections for a teaser. :o
[ATTACH=CONFIG]298388[/ATTACH]

Tomilu, love your colours and fabrics.

tomilu 12-28-2011 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by LindaC (Post 4817640)
Tomilu, love your colours and fabrics.

Thanks, Linda. I don't have enough yellows in my stash, so will need to go fat quarter shopping (darn :o)
tomilu