Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

gzuslivz 02-24-2012 12:59 AM

I have been stalking you all. I don't have the book yet, but I gotta get it! You all are SO creative and have inspired me to get going! One question: Would these stars look good in Civil War reproduction fabric?

PokerDiva 02-24-2012 06:16 AM

Welcome, please join us. I honestly believe these stars would look good in any fabric.

Originally Posted by gzuslivz (Post 5003165)
I have been stalking you all. I don't have the book yet, but I gotta get it! You all are SO creative and have inspired me to get going! One question: Would these stars look good in Civil War reproduction fabric?

Mad Mimm 02-24-2012 07:52 AM

Poker D I agree - I think these stars would look GREAT in Civil War repro fabrics. Renee are you a fan of Civil War fabrics? Have you been to the store Momma Made It in Chehalis? (I think it is in Chehalis...) Great selection of CW repro fabrics there.

Great looking blocks ladies!

I could absolutely kick myself - my baby took a two and a half hour nap yesterday :shock: and I did not spend it sewing! What a waste!!!

SheriR 02-24-2012 01:19 PM

Delaware

1 Attachment(s)
WOOHOO!!! Delaware catches me up! Sorry about the glare.... I'll do Florida tomorrow and post my sets Sunday. <3

PokerDiva 02-24-2012 01:55 PM

Congrats Sheri for catching up and congrats again for a wonderful block. Can't wait to see your set.

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 5004851)
WOOHOO!!! Delaware catches me up! Sorry about the glare.... I'll do Florida tomorrow and post my sets Sunday. <3

iwillquilt 02-25-2012 05:50 AM

Looking good ladies (and gents?)! I am still on the injured list. sigh... I will have lots to catch up on. But it will be fun then. Keep up the great work. There are going to be some wonderful quilts when we are all done.

whitepine 02-25-2012 08:17 AM

klgreene, I just loved your Delaware. I was just looking back through the recent posts and noticed how the dark green center swirls arounds. Neat affect [effect?? :) ]

SheriR, Very cool fancy cutting on Colorado. And Delaware too.

Iwillquilt, I forgot you're hurt. Heal, baby, heal.

tomilu 02-25-2012 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 5004851)

There you go again with those fussy cuts, lol. Nice block! It's good to know my block for FL is done. I'm quilting on my longarm today. Have a happy day everyone.

ckcowl 02-25-2012 12:40 PM

i so look forward to sunday rolling around & getting to make, photograph, post- then see all of the spectacular stars being made! every week it's another (WOW) week!
Florida doesn't look tooooooo bad---some pretty small pieces though. i will (try to remember) to lay all 9 out & take a pic this week so i (and all of us) can see how they are looking together :)
it is now the highlight of my weekends- :) we are going on vacation in May and i am already kind of (worried) about missing a sunday---of course i don't have to - i can make my block before we leave & see everyone's when we get back home- but it just won't be the same----i shall say....someone has created a 'monster' hostessing this challenge ;)

Mona Lisa 2011 02-26-2012 12:57 AM

Florida Star

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is Sunday again. Isn't this fun? And all of you do such wonder work! Carol would be proud...............