Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

Mad Mimm 03-05-2012 06:45 AM

Lovely Georgia blocks ladies! KGreene I am really falling in love with your fabric. You better watch out or you may find me snuggled up in your stash one evening LOL! :D
I have all 8 sections of my California pieced but due to DH's birthday celebration on Sunday, and preparations on Saturday, I did not get a chance to put them together. I will have it done shortly and be uploading a photo. My Husband turned 43 yesterday and spent the whole day in his bathrobe playing on the computer while I took the kids to the local Children's Museum. Too bad, it would have been a GREAT day for sewing!

Keep the blocks coming ladies - what a fabulous selection of blocks we have!

whitepine 03-05-2012 07:57 AM

Gorgeous Georgias. They're all beautiful.
CK, hope you're home this morning! Are you in the UP.
Janey39, that's a bummer on your camera.

Woman 03-05-2012 12:54 PM

I am on block 24, once I started that is all I work on now, will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to. Love paper piecing.

whitepine 03-05-2012 01:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:) :) I started with one color, didn't like, tried another color, didn't like. Decided I was losing too much fabric and combined the two.[ATTACH=CONFIG]317573[/ATTACH]

ckcowl 03-05-2012 01:39 PM

beautiful stars everyone! i am (finally) back home---monday afternoon- no i am not in the U.P.---about 25 miles south of the bridge-
power came on today while i was at work---good thing---it was 11 below zero this morning on my way to work! brrrrr!!! we really lucked out & no pipes froze...we are very happy to be home again after 3 days of (upheaval) i probably wont get any sewing done yet- need to catch up on laundry & stuff from having no power-no water-no heat for 3 days- but i hope to be sewing again by tomorrow! i have a quilt loaded up i had hoped to quilt this past weekend- of course that did not happen- i really want to get it done- have 2 baby quilts to get done as soon as it's done---and my stars of course.
anyway-thanks for all the well-wishes---i hope the people in other parts of the country going through horrible weather / trauma manage to pull through and be ok.

PokerDiva 03-05-2012 02:02 PM

Whitepine, that is one beautiful block. Glad you combined them. Ckcowl, glad you made it home safely and all is well.

newbee3 03-05-2012 09:02 PM

what block should we be on???

moonwork42029 03-05-2012 09:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally have my Florida done
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317730[/ATTACH]

Here's my first 9 blocks...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317732[/ATTACH]
Kinda wishing I didn't have the orange around the one block...guess it's too late now as I'm not going to re-do any of them.

Still sticking with my "mainly 30's" theme.

Hoping to get my Georgia done this week too.

Mona Lisa 2011 03-06-2012 05:08 AM

Well Shuckies! If at first you don't get it right... do it over :D That is what I get for printing the patterns ahead of time. I least I now have Tennessee done. 8)

Mona Lisa 2011 03-06-2012 05:23 AM

now I can't post a picture. says it can't find page to post to. anyone else having trouble today?