Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

tomilu 03-07-2012 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by sue z q (Post 5038360)
I ordered mine from Amazon with CD included (I think it was used) and had no problem opening the CD. I was so disappointed when I discovered the foundation patterns were not ON the CD. Had to order that from something else. The tutorial on the CD by Carol Doak is excellent though; very nice reference.

I was a little miffed that I had to order an additional CD to get the patterns, too. They are very helpful, however.

PokerDiva 03-07-2012 02:29 PM

Quiet, quiet, quiet. Paintmejudy, since Sunday is Hawaii day maybe you would like to share your Hawaiian wall quilt with us again.

paintmejudy 03-07-2012 06:40 PM

Yes, I was going to post it again on Sunday, Florence. I still like it, it hangs in the den and I see it every day.

paintmejudy 03-07-2012 06:43 PM

Mine, too, was "used" from Amazon and it worked fine. But I just copy patterns from the book, you don't really need them on CD.

Originally Posted by sue z q (Post 5038360)
I ordered mine from Amazon with CD included (I think it was used) and had no problem opening the CD. I was so disappointed when I discovered the foundation patterns were not ON the CD. Had to order that from something else. The tutorial on the CD by Carol Doak is excellent though; very nice reference.

vintagemotif 03-07-2012 11:53 PM

I hope all of you don't get mad at me, but I borrowed the book from the library. I made a request from links+ since my local library didn't carry the book. I did this since I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the project. And I'm also cheap! :)
I have no CD to follow, just made copies of all the stars, and then marked them all key. I now just copy the key copy that I keep in a folder.

SheriR 03-08-2012 05:32 AM

Nobody should be mad. I'm glad your library had it for you. That's what librarys are for.

Janet My 03-08-2012 06:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Back from FL and I have no idea what fabrics I'm going to use for Hawaii. My MIL passed away yesterday morning so I doubt I'll get to this before next week. All the Georgia blocks I've seen have been beautiful.... I had a problem with one of the sections lining up. I ripped it out so many times I could not rip it again. So.. It is what it is.

Mad Mimm 03-08-2012 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5040998)
I hope all of you don't get mad at me, but I borrowed the book from the library. I made a request from links+ since my local library didn't carry the book. I did this since I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the project. And I'm also cheap! :) I have no CD to follow, just made copies of all the stars, and then marked them all key. I now just copy the key copy that I keep in a folder.

Don't feel bad, I did the same thing! Janet - I am sorry to hear about your MIL - my condolences to your family.

paintmejudy 03-08-2012 07:39 AM

Vintage - i second what SheriR said!

When I wanted to do a one block wonder, I found the book at my library. At $23 and being pretty sure I would never make another one, I was happy to be able to borrow it. You're lucky you found it there, my library has a very small collection of quilt books, most of them just old books, nothing like the Doaks books.

PokerDiva 03-08-2012 07:51 AM

Janet, welcome home. Sorry to hear about your MIL. You center of your blocks just pop against your dark background.