Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

whitepine 09-23-2012 10:49 AM

Hi Carolyn, I can't help you, having never done an on point quilt, and I'm not even sure about your question, but I can't wait to hear an answer. I'll bet there are tutes, on this site or on YouTube, that show how to do it. Now that the end is actually in sight (over 3/4 done) I know I'm starting to think about how to put it together. I'm planning on staggering my rows with no sashing. But I can't wait to see what others come up with.

whitepine 09-23-2012 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Florence, I love all your stars together. Some of them show up so differently with all of them together. I like the way you did Michigan, which I hadn't noticed before. I think I'll try that with Oklahoma, which I haven't done yet. One thing I have done, is open the picture in Paint, and then draw in different colored lines. It's a pretty rough technique, but might rule out some ideas. I did a couple of colors so you can see what I mean, but you can use the 'edit color' to get different shades.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]365012[/ATTACH]

meanmom 09-23-2012 11:36 AM

Wow Florence I love all of the stars together. I haven't laid all of mine out in a while. I need to do that again. I also need to get my pictures posted. Haven't posted any in quite a while. All of this weeks blocks look so pretty. I am getting anxious to finish now. Can't wait to see all of them done and sashed (or not).

PokerDiva 09-23-2012 11:51 AM

Sue, as usual love your RI. That is neat the way you did that with my blocks. I kinda like them both which of course doesn't help at all.

Carolyn, I am not sure I understand your question either. I have made quilts set on point but I was always following directions. Maybe I could help if I knew exactly what you were asking. By the way, I don't remember seeing any of those blocks posted. I know we would all like to see them.

Meanmom, that means you too. We all want to see.

Mona Lisa 2011 09-23-2012 12:43 PM

South carolina

1 Attachment(s)
I think we are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel...............

PokerDiva 09-23-2012 01:32 PM

Oh Mona Lisa, pretty in pink.

whitepine 09-23-2012 01:47 PM

MonaLisa, Love it. Such a pretty block, so feathery.

Lyn Hut 09-23-2012 02:24 PM

Hi

I have not joined in on this one but have just started looking at them and I am in awe of all the blocks, I am looking forward to see the finished quilts.:thumbup:

meanmom 09-24-2012 02:59 PM

4 Attachment(s)
OK after weeks of not being able to get pictures from my camera to my computer it has started working. I haven't fixed or changed anything. Just glad it is finally working.
Pat

meanmom 09-24-2012 03:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)
A few more pictures. FInally working. I hope I haven't overloaded people with pictures.
Pat