Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

kaelynangelfoot 08-18-2013 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 6237700)
I plan to start this quilt in January...needed to set myself a goal to get a few more UFOs done! I have my fabric chosen (got it for a different pattern, but like the idea of using it on this quilt better. :) Probably will need more background fabric...I can handle that.

I've been though many pages on this thread and hope to get through them all before January and make notes on any problems/suggestions people had on certain blocks.

Keep me updated, I need to get some UFOs done as well - maybe I will wait to restart until Jan and join you.

meanmom 08-19-2013 04:35 AM

Welcome all the newbies. Wow i love all of the blocks. You guys are are really getting this finished fast. Carriem I used all one fabric for my background and I think I used 6 yards. I am pretty sure I bought 7 yards and had a little left over that I used on my back. I had emailed Carol Doak to ask how much and they didn't know.
Kael Love your blocks. I don't even recognize the last one done on black which one that is? Keep up the good work.

carriem 08-19-2013 05:03 AM

Kaelyn--I will be sure to post when I am ready to start! I got a "flimsy" done this weekend. Now I have 3 quilts to quilt and one baby quilt to bind before I move onto the next UFO....

Meanmom--thanks for the background info. I am going to make 2 quilts so will get 4 yards each of the two background fabrics I want to use.

kaelynangelfoot 08-19-2013 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 6242652)
Welcome all the newbies. Wow i love all of the blocks. You guys are are really getting this finished fast. Carriem I used all one fabric for my background and I think I used 6 yards. I am pretty sure I bought 7 yards and had a little left over that I used on my back. I had emailed Carol Doak to ask how much and they didn't know.
Kael Love your blocks. I don't even recognize the last one done on black which one that is? Keep up the good work.

Thanks much! That last one was Arkansas. I wanted to fiddle with the coloring and made it for a block swap - I will admit to being loathe to part with it.

CajunBear 08-20-2013 07:13 AM

One day I am going to start this! I have the book, well most of Carol's books! Lol

Shadowirish 08-20-2013 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot (Post 6242078)
Keep me updated, I need to get some UFOs done as well - maybe I will wait to restart until Jan and join you.

I might tag along with this one, I have the book too. Jan sounds like a good time to start.

carriem 08-20-2013 03:55 PM

It will be fun to have a new group of us working through this quilt next year. :)

nygal 08-21-2013 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot (Post 6242063)
I've been slowly working on these, but I think I'm going to start over. I did several with a white background but then tried one with a black background and I like it much better. I'm going to make enough white ones to finish a small quilt and then switch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]431013[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]431014[/ATTACH]

Wow I love your blocks. That big black background one is beautiful. I love Batiks!!

nygal 08-21-2013 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 6245998)
It will be fun to have a new group of us working through this quilt next year. :)

Gee, if there is going to be a new group in the new year I will sign up too. I've had the book for awhile and really love the quilt.

QuiltingNinaSue 08-21-2013 01:12 PM

Sounds like fun. A bf is giving me the book and CD so I might 'tag' along. Plenty of fabric in stash to do it.