Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

PokerDiva 01-08-2012 07:24 AM

And TaDa, it looks wonderful.

Originally Posted by klgreene (Post 4854117)
And TaDa, I got it done!

paintmejudy 01-08-2012 07:26 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is my second Alaska (top picture). The first one I made (bottom picture) didn't have enough contrast, and I also decided to add a second constant fabric. So the top picture is my keeper, the middle pix shows how I think that I may assemble my blocks, with a dark sashing. And the bottom will go into my miscellaneous pile -- I use them for charity quilts, 12 blocks with sashing and borders per quilt.

nickylsf 01-08-2012 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 4854185)
Here is my second Alaska (top picture). The first one I made (bottom picture) didn't have enough contrast, and I also decided to add a second constant fabric. So the top picture is my keeper, the middle pix shows how I think that I may assemble my blocks, with a dark sashing. And the bottom will go into my miscellaneous pile -- I use them for charity quilts, 12 blocks with sashing and borders per quilt.

Very pretty, Judy! I like your colors.

PokerDiva 01-08-2012 08:13 AM

Yep, I like the top one best Judy.

paintmejudy 01-08-2012 08:23 AM

thanks, Florence.

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 4854360)
Yep, I like the top one best Judy.

Janet My 01-08-2012 09:10 AM

I just got my book in on Thursday.... had it spiral bound on Friday and started my Alabama block yesterday, late afternoon. (I must state... I got the book from Amazon and it came in deplorable condition. The box was a mess and the corner of the book was dented up very badly... never have I gotten a box from them in that condition. I let them know on Thursday night and even sent photos... Haven't heard a word back from them yet! Not very good customer service!)

I hope to have my 1st block posted tonight.

I must say they all the blocks I've seen have been very beautiful. Hope mine turns out 1/2 as good. I've never done paper piecing before and I'm liking it so far.

OK, back to the machine!

caquiltingdeb 01-08-2012 09:14 AM

I received my book Friday, still trying to decide on colors. Then will be playing catch up. Love all the blocks so far can't wait to get started. I've only done a handfull of paper piecing blocks so this will be a challenge for me. It's the way we learn, right?

Deb

moonwork42029 01-08-2012 09:38 AM

Loving all the great stars so far! I still have to finish my Boom 6 blocks (only 1 more :) ) and then I can start.

I actually love seeing all of the stars so it gives me more ideas of what I can do once I get the chance to do.

I have to go to my office and "undecorate" from Christmas today and then maybe I can finish up my other project....wish me luck.

Mona Lisa 2011 01-08-2012 09:41 AM

Alaska Star Block picture

1 Attachment(s)
My Alaska 50 fab star block..........

PokerDiva 01-08-2012 09:48 AM

Mona Lisa, your star is FAB!! Janey My, I have gotten many books and DVDs from Amazon and never had a problem. So sorry to hear you did. Did you get it directly from Amazon or from one of their vendors? Glad you can still use it and can't wait to see your star.