Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

goldendog55 01-08-2012 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by wvhill22 (Post 4852216)
Do you just trace the design on the dryer sheets?

I wouldn't recommend used dryer sheets. They are extremely flammable! At one time, I wanted to consider this, but tossed them all out after I read about this.

wvhill22 01-08-2012 10:08 AM

Never thought of that..thanks Judy

paintmejudy 01-08-2012 10:19 AM

I, too, have never ever had a problem with anything coming from Amazon. Perhaps the problem was with the postal service.

Originally Posted by Janet My (Post 4854557)
I just got my book in on Thursday.... had it spiral bound on Friday and started my Alabama block yesterday, late afternoon. (I must state... I got the book from Amazon and it came in deplorable condition. The box was a mess and the corner of the book was dented up very badly... never have I gotten a box from them in that condition. I let them know on Thursday night and even sent photos... Haven't heard a word back from them yet! Not very good customer service!)

I hope to have my 1st block posted tonight.

I must say they all the blocks I've seen have been very beautiful. Hope mine turns out 1/2 as good. I've never done paper piecing before and I'm liking it so far.

OK, back to the machine!

ckcowl 01-08-2012 10:37 AM

week 2 Alaska block

1 Attachment(s)
I was prepping for my week 2 block this morning-and House of Blues came on- i decided to stay in sewing room and work on the block while i listened to this week's program- 4 hours later it is done! it was kind of...long for one block-
and my center is a tad off- which i don't get because the outer intersections went together correctly- the center was Way off at first (like over 1/4") so i took apart the center couple inches on each side of the center and tried again- the second time it came out better- still not right on but not as far off as the first time-so-i'm leaving it.
glad that one is over-and i'm 'ahead' of my game for this week :)

Mariposa 01-08-2012 10:44 AM

Great blocks everyone!! Nice variety of fabrics makes them more fun to see! :)

tomilu 01-08-2012 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 4854045)
Beautiful tomilu. I thought I would show you my Alaska I did for the BOM 2011. I did them all in blue ,white and yellow.

Very nice! I had that same background fabric at one time.

tomilu 01-08-2012 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 4854835)
I was prepping for my week 2 block this morning-and House of Blues came on- i decided to stay in sewing room and work on the block while i listened to this week's program- 4 hours later it is done! it was kind of...long for one block-
)

I like your fussy cut section! Thanks for sharing. I guess I'm pokey as I spend probably a day on each block from cutting to finish.

klgreene 01-08-2012 10:49 AM

All these blocks are absolutely fabulous. Can't stop my sewing to comment on each one, but just had to put this in. Nice job everyone. I really look forward to the ones yet to come and the coming weeks.

Mad Mimm 01-08-2012 11:01 AM

Wow ladies you have all come up with some beauties!

Klgreene - love the color on this - it looks amazing with the star done in a monochromatic scheme.
PokerD- I am in love with that jazzy fabric - it looks great with the purple!
Tomilu - the blue/yellow is a favorite color combo of mine, your is lovely!
monalisa- I like the high contrast - it is very striking!
Judy - I agree, the second block has some real zip to it. I love the fabrics you are working with!
Ckcowl - I am lovin' the fussy cut, your block is very pretty!

Great work ladies - I haven't even cut my Alaska yet but I hope to get it cut and started today. If I am really on my game, I may even get it posted before next weekend. haha!!

keep em coming ladies!

tomilu 01-08-2012 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mad Mimm (Post 4854907)
Wow ladies you have all come up with some beauties!

Klgreene - love the color on this - it looks amazing with the star done in a monochromatic scheme.
PokerD- I am in love with that jazzy fabric - it looks great with the purple!
Tomilu - the blue/yellow is a favorite color combo of mine, your is lovely!
monalisa- I like the high contrast - it is very striking!
Judy - I agree, the second block has some real zip to it. I love the fabrics you are working with!
Ckcowl - I am lovin' the fussy cut, your block is very pretty!

Great work ladies - I haven't even cut my Alaska yet but I hope to get it cut and started today. If I am really on my game, I may even get it posted before next weekend. haha!!

keep em coming ladies!

Thank you, MM, looking forward to seeing yours. It is interesting to see how many of us are using blues in our blocks. I measured my background fabric, and I have almost 6 yards. I am pondering going to equilter to see if I can pick up a couple more yards. This fabric came out a couple of years ago.