Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

Janet My 01-08-2012 09:01 PM

Alabama Done

1 Attachment(s)
I'm behind the group but here is Alabama. I've never Paper Pieced before but enjoyed it. Hope the next ones goes easier as I get proficient at it.

Janet My 01-08-2012 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 4854688)
Mona Lisa, your star is FAB!! Janey My, I have gotten many books and DVDs from Amazon and never had a problem. So sorry to hear you did. Did you get it directly from Amazon or from one of their vendors? Glad you can still use it and can't wait to see your star.

PokerDiva.... This is the 1st problem I've had with Amazon..Yes, the box came directly from Amazon. The box was actually stamped by my post office "Received Damaged" and "Received Unsealed". So that tells me that Amazon sent it out with no tape on it to close the box. My Post Office at least put some tape on it to keep it together.

Yes, I was able to use it... Thank God...because I wanted to get started on my blocks. I'm already behind everyone.
No telling how long it would taken them to send me another book.

LindaC 01-09-2012 01:21 AM

Everybody has made some fantastic blocks, love seeing the photos as everybody uses such different colours and fabrics. Have printed out the papers to make Alabama but due to other comitments this week I will be way behind everybody for the next couple of weeks.

tomilu 01-09-2012 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Janet My (Post 4856736)
I'm behind the group but here is Alabama. I've never Paper Pieced before but enjoyed it. Hope the next ones goes easier as I get proficient at it.

Love that green batik; very pretty block. You are doing very well, Janet.

Mad Mimm 01-09-2012 06:54 AM

Janet that is a lovely block. I agree with Tomilu, I really like the green batik. Looks great with the purple. I am pretty new to PP too so we can muddle through it together! :D Great job!

whitepine 01-09-2012 07:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I would like to do this over because it turned out way too plain, but guess I won't. :) I already did some sections over because there wasn't enough contrast so I'm not inclined to do it again. [ATTACH=CONFIG]301616[/ATTACH]

klgreene 01-09-2012 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 4857700)
I would like to do this over because it turned out way too plain, but guess I won't. :) I already did some sections over because there wasn't enough contrast so I'm not inclined to do it again. [ATTACH=CONFIG]301616[/ATTACH]

It isn't plain! The contrast between the blues is great, and those light blue flowers makes this anything but plain. Very pretty block.

tomilu 01-09-2012 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene (Post 4857735)
It isn't plain! The contrast between the blues is great, and those light blue flowers makes this anything but plain. Very pretty block.

I agree, it's not plain. I don't see a thing wrong with it. Charge on to the next one!!

paintmejudy 01-09-2012 08:21 AM

Beautiful block, Janet - is that the green from Connecting Threads? If not, I have something very similar and use it sparingly as I don't have much left! You did a great job.

PokerDiva 01-09-2012 08:40 AM

I agree, I wouldn't do it over. I think is is pretty just the way it is and when you get your other blocks done you can see how it fits in and then decide.

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 4857700)