Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

tomilu 01-04-2012 01:18 PM

Great job ladies on your 'bama blocks. Yesterday was small group in our quilt guild, so I worked on the Alaska block. Got half way through in spite of all the gabbing and eating we did. I gave my extra book to one of the gals in the group who wants to do paper piecing but I don't think she will join our group.

cherylmae 01-04-2012 05:12 PM

Do we not have a seperate page for block pictures?

cherylmae 01-04-2012 05:13 PM

Really nice, I feel like I could run my toes in the sand.

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 4830308)
What fun to see the beautiful blocks you ladies have made so far! I'm making a beach quilt, so it's in blues and browns.

Here is mine.

cherylmae 01-04-2012 05:20 PM

Alabama Block

1 Attachment(s)
Just finished my block, not perfect, but am happy with it.

PokerDiva 01-04-2012 05:40 PM

Wonderful block. A black and white quilt is on my bucket list. Hmmm.

Originally Posted by cherylmae (Post 4842632)

tomilu 01-04-2012 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by cherylmae (Post 4842632)

That red center really makes the block pop. Good job!!!

Janet My 01-04-2012 09:02 PM

Boy... I can't wait to get my book. Should arrive by Friday. .. I have fabric all ready and waiting... just need the book. Everyone's blocks are so pretty. I just can't wait to start!

Samara in OH 01-04-2012 09:09 PM

I just saw this thread today. I already have the book, I will be a week behind. All the blocks done so far look great. Love the black/white/red block, think I'm going to do mines in purple.

SheriR 01-04-2012 09:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SO here is my Alabama... and my first ever paper pieced ANYTHING...

It drove me to tears actually. I had a booger of a time getting the center points to match. PLEASE do not look closely. I nearly quit. But I sent a pic to my DEAR sister and she said it was fixable... Not without frustration, I promise. My other choice was to remake it. But I decided to embrace my process??? HAHA It did not measure 12" finished. Not sure where my mistake was there. I'll have to add a border if the other squares make it to 12". Maybe by the time we get to Wyoming I'll have paper piecing mastered?

I'm using a collection of 37 antique red/white/blue 1/2yd MODA fabrics I purchased last summer while swap hopping in Idaho with the above mentioned sister. I will do all my backgrounds in plain muslin. I may purchase a couple of yellow or golds as the MODA collection doesn't have any and it might come in handy in some of the squares. I hope I have enough fabric to finish all 50 states.

Thanks for looking.

~SheriR

goldendog55 01-04-2012 10:17 PM

That looks really nice, especially if it is your first project! Good work!