Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

tomilu 01-15-2012 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by nickylsf (Post 4876909)
Here is my Arizona Block. I have been following Carol Doak's method to the T and they seem to be going somewhat faster!

Very Arizony block. My blocks are going faster using her method as well. Pretty block, Judy.

klgreene 01-15-2012 11:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my Arizona block, I liked this one a lot since I decorate in Southwest. Have the next fabric all cut and ready to go, but have to finish another block first. I love these blocks. And I love PP'ing. So glad I joined this group and wasn't affraid I wouldn't do well. And ALL the blocks are beautiful! Katie

nickylsf 01-15-2012 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene (Post 4877036)
Here's my Arizona block, I liked this one a lot since I decorate in Southwest. Have the next fabric all cut and ready to go, but have to finish another block first. I love these blocks. And I love PP'ing. So glad I joined this group and wasn't affraid I wouldn't do well. And ALL the blocks are beautiful! Katie

Very pretty, Katie. I love these too! Can't stop making them, even though I have other projects going.

PokerDiva 01-15-2012 11:39 AM

WOW, I think Arizona is turning out to be a hit. All blocks are just beautiful.

nickylsf 01-15-2012 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 4877128)
WOW, I think Arizona is turning out to be a hit. All blocks are just beautiful.

I think you are right! Great blocks

ckcowl 01-15-2012 12:46 PM

arizona block

1 Attachment(s)
so here is my block- looking through the ones posted so far all i can say is WOW! they are so---Dramatic!
i'm afraid compared to all of yours mine is kind of *muted*--but it came together well- even my center is perfect- and it seemed like it went alot (easier) than last week's block-
i'm just happy to have it done- now i can move on to other projects for the week :)
great job everyone! gosh they are simply STUNNING!

tomilu 01-15-2012 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 4877348)
so here is my block- looking through the ones posted so far all i can say is WOW! they are so---Dramatic!
i'm afraid compared to all of yours mine is kind of *muted!

Lol, I kinda thought the same of mine. That looks like "fairy frost" fabric in the center of yours. I love ff fabs. You have a nice block there.

PokerDiva 01-15-2012 01:13 PM

Ckcowl, you have some of my fabric colors in your block. Thumbs Up!!

paintmejudy 01-15-2012 01:13 PM

Arizona

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my block for the week.

I had to buy a new camera last week, and now that I have taken a few pictures, I find I need to return it. This is so washed out -- center is a vibrant two tone green, points are biright turquoise, and the moss green corners are the same fabric as I have used the last two weeks. Or well, one more thing to stand in line for!

As to the paper piecing, I had the pieces cut, which really only takes about 10 mintues, maybe? I timed making the block and it took me a hair less than two hours from the time I pinned on piece number one until I removed the paper, pressed it and squared it up.

PokerDiva 01-15-2012 01:16 PM

Nice job Judy. Your are one speedy sewer. Sorry about your camera. What kind was it so I don't buy it cause I need a new one too.

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 4877397)
Here is my block for the week.

I had to buy a new camera last week, and now that I have taken a few pictures, I find I need to return it. This is so washed out -- center is a vibrant two tone green, points are biright turquoise, and the moss green corners are the same fabric as I have used the last two weeks. Or well, one more thing to stand in line for!

As to the paper piecing, I had the pieces cut, which really only takes about 10 mintues, maybe? I timed making the block and it took me a hair less than two hours from the time I pinned on piece number one until I removed the paper, pressed it and squared it up.