Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

tomilu 12-17-2011 06:35 PM

Well, Duh and Duh. I thought the CD in the back of the book included the blocks. Finally figured out they are not, so ordered the companion CD so I can print the blocks. The video is informative.

bamamama 12-17-2011 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu (Post 4777364)
I think I still have the book and if so, would like to participate. Mine will be used for Quilts of Valor.
tomilu

Tomilu, thank you for the quilts of valor....our youngest boy left for Afghanstain last week. When he was in Iraq in 2009 I made quilts for his unit and they guys loved them! A small bit of comfort that means alot.

greenini 12-18-2011 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu (Post 4790163)
Well, Duh and Duh. I thought the CD in the back of the book included the blocks. Finally figured out they are not, so ordered the companion CD so I can print the blocks. The video is informative.

yeah, I found that out too and I have several other of her books and I think the Cd's are all the same! I would much rather have the blocks. It irritates me to spend that much for the original book and then have to buy the other CD as well.

paintmejudy 12-18-2011 08:51 AM

If you get the spine cut off the book, you can lay the page on your printer. Lots cheaper that way. I had Staples cut the spine off and put a spiral binding on it, only about $4 if I remember. But would have been just as easy to leave the binding off and the pages loose.

Originally Posted by greenini (Post 4791533)
yeah, I found that out too and I have several other of her books and I think the Cd's are all the same! I would much rather have the blocks. It irritates me to spend that much for the original book and then have to buy the other CD as well.

tomilu 12-18-2011 10:58 AM

I think I shall get mine spiral bound as well. And I would much rather have the CD with the blocks come with the book. All in the name of money, I suppose.

tomilu 12-18-2011 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by bamamama (Post 4790279)
Tomilu, thank you for the quilts of valor....our youngest boy left for Afghanstain last week. When he was in Iraq in 2009 I made quilts for his unit and they guys loved them! A small bit of comfort that means alot.

Thank you. I participate with a local QOV group. We have to have 400 quilts ready for a group coming home in March. My youngest daughter was in the Navy; we lost her 11/07. She is survived by her daughter, who is a blessing.

rwquilts 12-18-2011 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu (Post 4791879)
Thank you. I participate with a local QOV group. We have to have 400 quilts ready for a group coming home in March. My youngest daughter was in the Navy; we lost her 11/07. She is survived by her daughter, who is a blessing.

So sorry about the loss of your daughter. So glad you have a granddaughter. Sending extra hugs to you this holiday season!

polly13 12-18-2011 01:03 PM

Like many others, the unopened book is on my shelf. Will join in, but go to FL for Feb. and March so must work ahead or catch up. Such a good idea.

meanmom 12-18-2011 03:45 PM

The block I did wasn't hard, it was just the first quilt I had ever made. I think it was the Oregon star. I think I did64 blocks and made a queen sized quilt. It is still on my bed.Also the first paper piecing I had ever done. Yes like someone said the hardest part was making sure you cut the pieces for the angled pieces the right size. If I remember correctly the book tells you what size to cut your pieces, not sure. I will have to look at the book and make sure. I will try to post a picture tomorrow. I haven't tried to post a picture since the board changed. I think I will choose a background color and do the rest some sort of controlled scrappy.

PokerDiva 12-18-2011 04:05 PM

Meanmom, you were real brave to start out PPing that way. Kudos to you.