Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

janey39quilts 02-12-2012 01:11 PM

Yankee Doodle is the state song of Connecticutt? I didn't know. I should have added a blue in my star somewhere!

janey39quilts 02-12-2012 01:12 PM

and I have to learn to spell Connecticut!

whitepine 02-12-2012 01:32 PM

Paintmejudy, I love your green background color and I agree with Pokerdiva that in the end it will really come together. I am sticking with one background too, but I had thought about two different backgrounds and alternating them, checkerboard style.

MonaLisa, love your Connecticut colors and what neat background fabrics.

Moonwork, great fussy cutting on Colorado. You're setting the bar awfully high. :thumbup:

Ckcowl, definitely starry night. Beautiful.

Janey, :)

moonwork42029 02-12-2012 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]311267[/ATTACH]
vaa laaa! Here's my Connecticut! Same day as I started even :)

Thanks for the great comments on the other stars too....I've been inspired by all of yours.

If you want to see all my stars, click on the link below :thumbup:

PokerDiva 02-12-2012 01:54 PM

Whitepine, love your star and alternating backgrounds is such a good idea. Wish I had gotten all these ideas before I started. Sigh. Maybe on the next one. Moonwork looked at all your stars together. What a great quilt that will be.

Mad Mimm 02-12-2012 04:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay so pulling up the rear, otherwise known as "Better Late Than Never" I reveal my Arizona block:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311295[/ATTACH]

Ladies there are some fabulous blocks going on here. I am drooling over the batiks - really liking the 30s fabric stars, and just enjoying seeing them all come together. Poker D that is such a jazzy focus fabric you are using and it really shines in your latest block. Big thumb up to the star with all that eye-catching red in it. Don't remember whose it was, but it was hot hot hot!!!

I am looking forward to catching up, I have my colors picked for Arkansas and then I am finally going to dive into the "C" States. :o Yes it is embarrassing, but at least I am having fun!

Great blocks this week ladies!

ckcowl 02-12-2012 04:14 PM

oh my goodness- you know what? i am seriously thinking i need to start at the beginning again with a whole new color palate----i love the red & whites! but then i love the 30's ones- and the batik ones----oh my goodness- i could spend the rest of my life making these stars in the colors all of you have come up with !!! guess i had better just stick with what i'm doing----but then again.....oh my goodness!

PokerDiva 02-12-2012 04:20 PM

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, Madd Minn. Yes it is better and who cares if you are late. CK, don't you dare start over. Your blocks are just great!!!!!!!!

Momma_K 02-12-2012 04:28 PM

Ladies!!! I have a LOT to catch up on starting hopefully tomorrow but I recieved my CD in the mail Friday for the 50 Stars!!! I'm so excited! I've cleaned house about all day so I can get started on my blocks!! ALL Of yours are so beautiful I doubt they'll be as good as yours but I'm gonna give it a try!! See ya soon!!!

ckcowl 02-12-2012 04:33 PM

oh when i said i might start over i didn't mean & scrap what i'm doing---i meant do 2 or 3 of each one in different colors- i would still do mine with my blues/purples & black backgrounds...just thinking while i'm at it i could make a couple others too----
you never know :)