Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

QuiltswithConvicts 03-11-2011 06:30 PM

Jo, you are more than welcome to join the JTG Club, if you wish! (JTG=Jump the Gun). Lesley, PAtti & Elle have formed the group and a few others are testing the waters with their techniques. I have made 1 or 2 & posted a tute on my method of applique.

We have all of our threads in a virtual section! Patrice is a gem - she is making all sorts of good things happen for us - Martha Stewart - look out!

Butterflyspain 03-11-2011 11:53 PM

Just to let you all know my friend in Japan is alive and well I had an email this morning, I have never been so glad as to see that piece of mail.

Obsessed 03-12-2011 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Just to let you all know my friend in Japan is alive and well I had an email this morning, I have never been so glad as to see that piece of mail.

Wonderful news Elle!

JudyG 03-12-2011 07:29 AM

Great news, Elle. So glad your friend is safe.

jolo 03-12-2011 07:37 AM

Well I finally got caught up on the reading of all the back pages of this thread, I am undecided about my background fabric now. lol. Black is nice but then I looked at some of the other choices and may change my mind,especially as I am doing the Fiesta BOM and it is in black. Will I get too tired of the look doing 2 tops in it? BUT will have to go buy something else if not,I dont think I have enough yardage in my stash as large as it is for another color. Some of the choices on here sound so yummy...... Well I have time to experiment dont I? lol JO

jacquie 03-12-2011 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by djbs
That sounds nice, will you follow the colors in the book, or change to fit your colors?

sorry to be late with my reply, but i think i will still follow the colours as much as possible, but place and turquoise for something else, so it doesn't disappear...

it's going to be a beautiful quilt, and a nice change in the way we usually piece!

luvmortherest 03-12-2011 09:47 AM

wonderful news Elle.

Lacelady 03-12-2011 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie

That sounds nice, will you follow the colors in the book, or change to fit your colors?

sorry to be late with my reply, but i think i will still follow the colours as much as possible, but place and turquoise for something else, so it doesn't disappear...

it's going to be a beautiful quilt, and a nice change in the way we usually piece!

I've cut out quite a lot of the yellow/orange end of what was used originally, though I do have small pieces of both (and some red). But the majority of my colours are pinks, purples, lilacs, blues, turqoises and greens.

Cre8tvlwyr 03-12-2011 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by jacquie

Ok - so I guess I have to say what colors I'm using now already?? I dont know, just enjoying the diversion of the new book in my collection
:mrgreen: I do have a :?: question... what do you mean by a change in piecing?? am I missing something :oops: do I have to read everything... :cry: :( :lol:
Not that I'm illiterate, but so many UFOs so much housework and cooking to be done [rats!!!] and so little time... :-P

Butterflyspain 03-12-2011 12:06 PM

I wondered about that because there is no piecing involved in this quilt just applique.

Elle