Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Ducky 02-11-2011 08:39 AM

That Custard fabric would actually be great, Phyllis! It seems like the flowers would really pop out on it.

I know it may sound crazy, but I'm really, really thinking of using a denim-looking background.

sharon b 02-11-2011 08:40 AM

Got my book this morning - still looking at it and thinking about the background :lol:

wilhelmina 02-11-2011 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450
I am so undecided it is overwhelming. I think I am making a bigger issue of this quilt then it needs. I have all the fabric that I need for the blocks except I can't make up my mind what I want for the background. Even tho' it would be wonderful using a black for the background etc.,I don't want to use black. Mine is going to be used in the spare bedroom and black just wouldn't go in there.
I found a really pretty shade of creamy yellow that I think would look really good. I also have a full bolt of RanLon bleached muslin that I bought last summer when it was on sale that I am considering.
I haven't purchased the yellow yet, I would like to get some feedback on what others are using. I think someone showed some bright yellow that looked fabulous but that is not really me.
The yellow I found is at Connecting Threads and is on clearence and is called custard if any one wants to look.
I hope I haven't rambled on too much, I have a tendency to do that. I think I am forgetting how to spell also! LOL!
Thanks for "listening".
Phyllis

Phyllis,

I like the custard, it would be beautiful with the patterns of this quilt!

luvmortherest 02-11-2011 09:30 AM

that custard is pretty

Butterflyspain 02-11-2011 09:43 AM

Its me who is using the yellow, its not actually as bright as the photo showed but I really like it.

I was thinking that a brown background would look good with Pink, lemon and pale greens

Elle

SewExtremeSeams 02-11-2011 10:27 AM

Hi!
Sunrise, I really like that yellow. Which custard were you thinking of? The one that is mille feuille custard is so soft looking. Wow. :-D LindaAnn

Ducky 02-11-2011 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Its me who is using the yellow, its not actually as bright as the photo showed but I really like it.

I was thinking that a brown background would look good with Pink, lemon and pale greens

Elle

Sunrise450 is also looking at a pale yellow background. I think both your and hers would look lovely.

Butterflyspain 02-11-2011 11:06 AM

Thanks Ducky. I went to the LQS and then to another tiny little shop packed full of goodies, threads and such so I got some really nice gold thread, broght it home and then put it up against the yellow YUK just doesn´t go, so if anyone wants some really nice embroidery thread tell me I have 4 skiens

Elle

Sew be it 02-11-2011 11:24 AM

I have started this quilt but am having trouble with the tight curves needed. I will need some help in needle turning. I want to join the group in June.

Lacelady 02-11-2011 01:39 PM

I have lots of pics now ready to help you all, but I wanted to post first that I think it would be more helpful if you can all hold off until I get everything posted?

If there are comments coming in between them, they will be harder to follow, so please, if you can bear with me for the next few minutes, I will do everything as quick as I can, then let you know when I have finished, and you can all chip in then.

Is that OK?