Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/another-mystery-quilt-train-ride-our-5th-trip-t215243.html)

Nelco 03-10-2013 07:13 PM

Pam I sure hope you made enough cornbread and chili....that is one of my favorite foods for the winter.

Originally Posted by Pam H (Post 5918498)
Linda, I would make some cornbread to eat with the chili. I always like to eat my chili with cornbread; even if it's not too spicy.

Pam H 03-10-2013 07:48 PM

Nelda, I made a huge kettle! Plenty for all!

Elisabrat 03-11-2013 07:43 AM

Thanks for the info. I added one piece of cornbread all crumbled up (honey cornbread) and then 1/4 part of cream cheese and 6 oz of tomatos. took the heat down immensely. he said it was.. ok. po'd me enough to toss the whole pot in a plastic sack and into the trash. Got even last night I made phillo wrapped halibut filets which were stunningly delicious and I didnt make a second meal. DH is very picky. I always have something else to serve him if I think he wont like what I am making (often) so this time.. he only got fish. ha ha. He ate it and I know he was thinking what the h? but sometimes an evil streak hits. This is a man who loves to fish hates eating fish btw. :) bad brat bad bad bad brat.

Pam H 03-11-2013 08:05 AM

I am so bummed. I am supposed to be at a quilt retreat but we got a foot of snow and the snowplow hasn't gone by my house yet so I am stuck at home. I was going to try to make a break for it but heard that the mailman got stuck in front of the neighbor's house.

Dedemac 03-11-2013 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5920910)
Thanks for the info. I added one piece of cornbread all crumbled up (honey cornbread) and then 1/4 part of cream cheese and 6 oz of tomatos. took the heat down immensely. he said it was.. ok. po'd me enough to toss the whole pot in a plastic sack and into the trash. Got even last night I made phillo wrapped halibut filets which were stunningly delicious and I didnt make a second meal. DH is very picky. I always have something else to serve him if I think he wont like what I am making (often) so this time.. he only got fish. ha ha. He ate it and I know he was thinking what the h? but sometimes an evil streak hits. This is a man who loves to fish hates eating fish btw. :) bad brat bad bad bad brat.

No need to cater to the other half. Mine found out years ago if he did not tell me he did not like something he got it again. (He was a farm boy, I am a city girl! I tried to cook like his step-mom and did not know what I was doing. My mom cooked from cans and boxes, not from scratch.) Also if he does not give me input on what he is hungry for I pick it, since I'm making it he eats what he gets. But on the other side my DH does cook and isn't bad at it. We were in the Navy so money was always tight when the kids were little. So we ate what was fixed or settled for PBJ.

dungeonquilter 03-11-2013 09:24 AM

I started saving all my important files (pictures, quilt patterns) to flash drives. If my computer dies, I just have to pull the out. I just hope they don't get corrupted. I do replace them periodically. I leave them plugged in, and just use them from there.

QuilterMomma 03-11-2013 09:32 AM

Whew, I have one more week. I wanted to join in the fun, but had customer quilts and to finish up some other projects before I could start another one. Trying hard not to have those ufos piliing up again. This way I can go thru the fabric stash and find some beautiful fabric to enjoy a new table runner. My DH made meatloaf, so very good, I can sweet talk him into making some more to bring to the club car since the chili was to spicy. Did anyone bring some donuts? Also, was the wine Moscato? Love that stuff. After a physically trying weekend, and still go to work on Monday, I could use a glass or two or three. Well, back to work so I can drool over fabric choices tonight.

paintmejudy 03-11-2013 12:25 PM

Best Buy is now trying to take off pictures from the old hard drive and putting them on a new external drive. But since the drive crashed, it may not work. But I have learned a huge lesson, BACK UP EVERYTHING!!! AND DO IT OFTEN!!! I was negligent because the computer was only 3 years old, never thought it would fail. But I had somehow picked up a malware virus which did the damage. The new virus protection on this one is Webroot -- supposed to block all malware as well as other virus programs. I don't understand the joy some idiots get from crashing someone's computer, they can't see me cry or hear my screams of anguish!

reeskylr 03-11-2013 12:49 PM

I need to get a bigger flash drive, but I do love my small one. I also put things on my Google area, but yeah, we should all back up more than we do. :)

meanmom 03-11-2013 01:48 PM

The delay has been good for me. I am taking a class and was thinking the second class was next week. It is Wednesday night and I have a little bit more homework than I thought. It is an Erin Underwood pattern. The seams have to be really, really exact so it is taking some time.
It is cold and damp here so I made a big pot of Cincinnati style chili to share. It is an old family recipe and it smells so good here. I have plenty to share so enjoy.