Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/another-mystery-quilt-train-ride-our-5th-trip-t215243.html)

Mary O 03-19-2013 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mary O (Post 5939668)
Reeskylr why do your triangles A-C look so big? Camera?

Oh I should have read the previous post.Now the squares are 4"

paulswalia 03-19-2013 03:52 PM

Just when I thought I had waited long enough, there's another change! What's funnier still is that I had already made my squares bigger - at 3.5, but not big enough! No worries - I'll use the smaller ones on the back side of the table runners. No complaints Judy - we can adjust!

chefbwarner 03-19-2013 04:08 PM

Thanks so much Judy. I'm hoping I have enough because I messed up and let my ruler slip while cross cutting the 4" squares. But since I have been cutting along the selvege edge I have a bit more of that strip. And like everyone else, I can use the itty bitties for a wee quilt top or placemat.

dungeonquilter 03-19-2013 04:20 PM

I have just started cutting and sewing. From A and B it says to cut 3 squares of each and sew on the diagonal to get 2 half square triangles. I get 6 squares. Directions says there will be 12 of these half square triangles blocks.
Do I need to make more?
Judy, no problem with the corrections. I am using from stash, and have more than required of each.
Debra

Dedemac 03-19-2013 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok,

Fixed the triangles and I now like my choices better. Thank you for the practice.:) I am afraid of bias edges.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402883[/ATTACH]

Elisabrat 03-19-2013 04:52 PM

I am getting better by the second making these qst's. :) no worries. started with 1 to 2 yrds of each fabric so oodles to play with.

whitepine 03-19-2013 05:00 PM

ROFL. I can't help it. I think the train got derailed and went into a rabbit hole.
There are sure a lot of pretty fabric choices out there. Mine will be posted soon.

VickiM 03-19-2013 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5938850)
Wow, Vicki, making 5 runners shows a lot of trust in doing something you have no idea how it will turn out LOL especially since my brain was in fog state and the mistkes I made in typing.

Judy...I have complete faith in you! I have done all your mysteries (still need to finish #3 which is going to be for my GD for her graduation in 2 years) & I am very happy with how they have all turned out. So, yes, 5 is the magic number! Thanks for all you go through doing these!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Ok...tomorrow I will go redo the triangle squares...no big deal. I alerted my friend & daughter. Oh well, more scrap squares for the scrap runner eventually. :)

irishrose 03-19-2013 05:20 PM

dungeonquilter and Dedemac, have you seen the corrections? The QSTs first cut is 4", not 3" and they are to be made from A & C. Go back a few posts and confirm that as I am typing from memory. dungeonquilter, in the first paragraph it is 6 squares for 12 HSTs.

Just pressed my fabrics. My light looks too yellow but the print and the coral batik have some yellow so I'm going to leave it as I like it a lot. It's serendipity that I had just the right amount left from daughter's quilt.

I'm making a batch of Dream Bars - a two layer walnut and coconut confection. I'll make extra for the club car.

labeelady 03-19-2013 05:57 PM

My QST's are redone at 4". Thank goodness I have plenty of A & C fabrics.
For those who are totally confused, you cut 3 squares of each of A & C measuring 4" each. Then you cut on the diagonal twice which will give you 4 qst's, ending up with a total of 12 sets when you have them sewn together on one of the short sides.