Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   April 2010 completed BOM photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/april-2010-completed-bom-photos-t41204.html)

patricej 04-04-2010 10:30 AM

Dear Jane refers to the quilt made during the Civil War by Jane Stickle. she made her blocks 4-1/2" finished. between the square blocks in the main body of the quilt, and the triangles for the border, there are 225 of the little suckers.

i don't know if she was nuts before she started, but i know i WILL be by the time i'm done.

:shock:

Martina 04-04-2010 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Dear Jane refers to the quilt made during the Civil War by Jane Stickle. she made her blocks 4-1/2" finished. between the square blocks in the main body of the quilt, and the triangles for the border, there are 225 of the little suckers.

i don't know if she was nuts before she started, but i know i WILL be by the time i'm done.

:shock: all righty then..you go right ahead :shock: .......thank you so much for the info!! That is really interesting!! I am going to research that.THANKS!!! :-)

Martina 04-04-2010 10:54 AM

OH WOW...no that I checked this out, I must say this is one of the most beautiful quilts I ever seen. After I get myself more practice, I may just have to try this myself.

brushandthimble 04-04-2010 02:27 PM

I was took a class with Brenda Papadakis (sp), made or worked on 3? blocks. Not for me thanks. :lol:

PatriceJ, We would love to see your blocks, I admire and love the ones I have seen.

butterflywing 04-04-2010 04:18 PM

i just noticed that not all the points are going the same way. for this exercise, does that matter?

oksewglad 04-04-2010 06:21 PM

Pretty rosebuds all in a row!! Mine are cut now to sew.

patricej 04-05-2010 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
i just noticed that not all the points are going the same way. for this exercise, does that matter?

i don't see why it should matter. real flowers aren't perfect, either. but they're still pretty. :-)

Sewnique 04-05-2010 04:10 AM

Patrice, I love the way your points are. Everyone is unique in their own way. Would not change it. Would make a beautiful whole quilt top like that! Bootsie

Oklahoma Suzie 04-05-2010 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by fun2quilt
Here is my April block. It sure was fun and refreshing to do. Thanks for finding such a great block!

nice colors.

Oklahoma Suzie 04-05-2010 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ

I could never even try it.