Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   April 2010 completed BOM photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/april-2010-completed-bom-photos-t41204.html)

oksewglad 04-05-2010 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Oklahoma Suzie

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Pretty rosebuds all in a row!! Mine are cut now to sew.

mine aren't even cut and still have to do March, I am behind. :oops:

just so you know oksuzie, my March blocks just got cut too and since I'm doing 2 for each month I have 4 blocks to sew :roll:

patricej 04-05-2010 01:24 PM

do what i did. i ignored my gafarbles and decided to appreciate the things i do like about it. ;-)

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

Originally Posted by dannypanny

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
I've been working on this BOM -- my seam ripper is getting a work out and my nerves are getting frazzled...the ways things are going, it might be done by May :evil:

Hey sewjoyce I had the same thing.... my seam rippers gave up and went home.... As I said my expensive fabric. looks like a scrap piece of fabric.. (CORRECTION it is 100% and not 100$) My block is all squanky (can't think of another word!!!) but I am leaving it till I have the inclination to re do it. But the funny thing is that the pattern was so EASY and I still could not get the flipping points right. :oops: ciao

"Flipping points" is RIGHT!! :evil:

sewjoyce 04-05-2010 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, after much fuss and aggravation on my part, I had a talk with the block components of this month's BOM. They had a choice -- make into a nice block or be forever in a landfill. Here is what they chose:

skowjudy 04-05-2010 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
it's a good thing i don't have a big map and a flashlight. i'd be sneakin' into house to steal blocks.

lookin' good, everybody! :thumbup:

here's mine, Dear Jane size.

Outstanding block, Patrice. The color choices make it just pop out and says "here I am!!". Lovely!!

JudyG 04-05-2010 07:52 PM

sewjoyce - your block components made the right choice - that block is gorgeous. Love the colors. I really have to get busy - I've downloaded the four patterns but have yet to get started. Hopefully on Wednesday I'll have time to sew. I do want to use my stash for this so will have to do some pulling of fabrics to see if I have enough on hand.

Donna P 04-05-2010 08:57 PM

All the blocks so far are so pretty I can't wait to make mine......It looks to be fairly easy hey?

Donna

oksewglad 04-06-2010 08:13 AM

sewjoyce--isn't it great when we talk to our fabrics or quilt designs? Your rosebud's so soft looking.

abi 04-06-2010 11:32 AM

Ok. I've been out of the loop a few days here. now I have to catch up.

PatriceJ love your Dear Jane size rose bud block.

Sewjoyce the soft pink buds are wonderful.

I saw some pretty pink rose buds at Wal-Mart on Sat. I love flowers. Wish hubby would get the hint.

You all are doing wonderful. Keep on sewing.

Donna P 04-07-2010 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Rose Bud....

oksewglad 04-07-2010 03:08 PM

DonnaP what a striking background!