Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Block of the Month July 15, 2007 - Tim's Compass Star - The Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/block-month-july-15-2007-tims-compass-star-photos-t1438.html)

jbsstrawberry 01-30-2008 07:42 AM

Wow!! That turned out just beautifully!!!

tgreen130 02-21-2008 12:16 PM

I really like this. Where did you get the pattern? I would love to try it. It looks hard. your colors are dynamic.

k_jupiter 02-21-2008 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by tgreen130
I really like this. Where did you get the pattern? I would love to try it. It looks hard. your colors are dynamic.

The directions are here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/1437.page

Where did I get the pattern? I made it up.

It's really not hard at all. See if you can find Carol Doak's Paper Pieced Stars book for full directions on easy (easy??) paper piecing. I am trying one of her stars now that has 128 pieces per block. *L*

tim in san jose

Janet B. 02-21-2008 04:22 PM

Hello,

I just found this site but am having trouble already. I can find block pictures and chat but where are the directions?

Janet B

ceannastahr 02-21-2008 04:34 PM

go to the main page and where it says block of the month you will find the directions and pictures for every block that has been done

One will say photos and the other will say directions

Mikki 03-02-2008 02:19 AM

I am a beginner!!!! There is a mistake in your stasr quilT???????!!!!!!! WOW!!!

Quilting Aggi 03-02-2008 04:54 AM

128 pieces!!! Did I read right!! YOu're NuTs!!!! :shock: Although I do want to see it too!!hee hee :lol:

patricej 03-02-2008 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
128 pieces!!! Did I read right!! YOu're NuTs!!!! :shock: Although I do want to see it too!!hee hee :lol:

even if you had read wrong ... he'd still be nuts! :mrgreen:

MissTreated 03-02-2008 08:14 AM

There is also a book out there (well probably several) addressing paper piecing compass points. It's called Sharp Pointies and it's by Brenda Henning. It's a great book.

M

k_jupiter 03-02-2008 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mikki
I am a beginner!!!! There is a mistake in your stasr quilT???????!!!!!!! WOW!!!

Hi,

I only started sewing... sewing a year and a half ago. The mistake is that I got a bit too careless when sewing the 1/4 stars together and one of the star 'legs' doesn't quite add up. It would be buried somewhere near a corner of the quilt.

Originally Posted by Loretta
128 pieces per block? Are you crazy or an engineer? I can't decide which! LOL Your star is still one of the all time favorite blocks on this board and I still keep coming back to look at it after all these months. And now you're doing one with 128 pieces? Can't wait to see that block!

Engineer. I get to drive the train.

Originally Posted by PatriceJ

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi

even if you had read wrong ... he'd still be nuts! :mrgreen:

No fair using prior knowledge Patrice.

Originally Posted by MissTreated

There is also a book out there (well probably several) addressing paper piecing compass points. It's called Sharp Pointies and it's by Brenda Henning. It's a great book.

M

I'll have to look that one up. I designed the star and it's not that hard once you get the hang of it. My 128 piece star is still in development. I have made a couple of 1/8 stars in different color combos and am trying to figure out which ones I will use. Once I start, there is no turning back.

Unfortunattely, real world work is taking most of my time these days.

I'll post it when I get the first star done.

tim in san jose