Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   BOM 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bom-2011-a-t60065.html)

Momma_K 12-22-2010 12:27 PM

(sing songy voice) Heeellllloooo Ms Moderator!! Annnnd Sulabug, have you heard anything about what choice is to be??!! Hmmm...?! I've lost 25 lbs, can't eat, can't sleep, the dogs feed themselves now! Getting weak wondering about it! HA! HA! All in fun of course!!

Midwestmary 12-22-2010 01:02 PM

Congrats MommaK on the weight loss! Great job....I spent the majority of 2010 sitting while recovering from reconstructive foot surgery on both feet - and have gained a lot of weight....the one good thing though, I've found a way to prop the foot up and sew by push button :)

I'm interested in the BOM - not exactly sure how it works but sounds like fun - like the fact I can work at my own pace.

Merry Christmas!

BATIKQLTR 12-22-2010 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Midwestmary
Congrats MommaK on the weight loss! Great job....I spent the majority of 2010 sitting while recovering from reconstructive foot surgery on both feet - and have gained a lot of weight....the one good thing though, I've found a way to prop the foot up and sew by push button :)

I'm interested in the BOM - not exactly sure how it works but sounds like fun - like the fact I can work at my own pace.

Merry Christmas!

I hear you Midwestmary! I have also had reconstructive surgery on both feet........and I also gained weight. The good side of the surgery..............you can walk around a store without leaning on the cart. And you can park out away from car doors ruining your car door. Congrats on having the surgery.

IBQLTN 12-22-2010 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR

Originally Posted by Midwestmary

Merry Christmas!

I hear you Midwestmary! I have also had reconstructive surgery on both feet........and I also gained weight. The good side of the surgery..............you can walk around a store without leaning on the cart. And you can park out away from car doors ruining your car door. Congrats on having the surgery.

Hey, ladies! I've lost 96 pounds since June of last year doing the Weight Watchers Plan. It really works! It's all about learning how to eat well, not less.

The only thing though is now I can't sew a strip, eat an M&M, sew a strip, eat 2 M&M's, sew a strip, eat a handful of M&M's. Did anyone else out there learn that quilting is only done properly only when consuming chocolate at the same time?

Merry Christmas, All!
Peggy
(warming up in Florida)

JudyG 12-22-2010 01:29 PM

Congratulations, Peggy, on your weight loss. You are my hero.

Momma_K 12-22-2010 01:34 PM

I'm jealous.. Seriously, I'm proud of you. I was just kidding around when I said I lost 25lbs! Lord I only wish! BUt it was my silly way of asking about the choice on BOM for January!

Matilda 12-23-2010 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN
Hey, ladies! I've lost 96 pounds since June of last year doing the Weight Watchers Plan. It really works! It's all about learning how to eat well, not less.

The only thing though is now I can't sew a strip, eat an M&M, sew a strip, eat 2 M&M's, sew a strip, eat a handful of M&M's. Did anyone else out there learn that quilting is only done properly only when consuming chocolate at the same time?

Merry Christmas, All!
Peggy
(warming up in Florida)

Peggy, You are funny!! Congratulations on your weight loss. How wonderful! I think I will have to join Weight Watchers too. Have a Merry Christmas!! Emmy

Matilda 12-23-2010 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by pennyj123
gday, i am gonna do this one, as i would like to do an outhouse quilt, would be fun. Thanks for the pattern. :)

Originally Posted by TN Donna

Originally Posted by damaquilts

Now this outhouse is unique. I really like it.

I wish there was a pattern that is not paper pieced. I am not to patient with paper piecing.

hheelleenn 12-23-2010 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Matilda

Originally Posted by pennyj123
gday, i am gonna do this one, as i would like to do an outhouse quilt, would be fun. Thanks for the pattern. :)

Originally Posted by TN Donna

Originally Posted by damaquilts

Now this outhouse is unique. I really like it.

I wish there was a pattern that is not paper pieced. I am not to patient with paper piecing.

You are not alone. I can't do Paper Piecing. Seems I always pick patterns that call for it.

Greeter Eva 12-23-2010 07:58 AM

I thought we were going to hear this week.