Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-block-party-january-2012-a-t162737.html)

wendanik1 11-14-2011 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr (Post 4671422)
I have a PC - sorry can't answer the Mac question Wenda. As for the amount of fabric - I figured out you probably need somewhere in the neighborhood of 28 fat quarters and an additional 7 yards of background fabric[s]. You could use a selection of off-white or white variations for the background [or darks - whatever you choose.] There are 7yards of fabric in 28 fat quarters. So - if you were to get 'fat eighths' you would need 56 of them and so forth - just figure you will probably be needing a total of approx 14 yards - 7 + 7contrasting background. I wouldn't stress too much over whether you have enough in the beginning myself. The blocks taken individually require so little fabric & finish so small, that you will not have a problem adding another fabric at a later time. Just remember Jane Stickle had no resources to pick up lots of the same fabric. Seriously, if you wanted to, you could go into your scrap bin and do each block out of something you already have and it would look spectacular!

Welcome to the group!

Anael - GREAT attitude!! I love it! The joy is in the journey and we all succeed because we take that journey and try -- and it at least needs to give us pleasure and relaxation!!
Gus

Thanks so much, you guys for all the info. It helps to have so much info from such a great board!!
Wenda

Caro 11-14-2011 07:07 PM

I have been using different 'ecru' backgrounds because I didn't want to buy so much background just in case I couldn't finish it.

Still can,t figure out how to receive an email or an alert of a new post to this thread...

katybob 11-14-2011 08:00 PM

Caro, go to the top of this page and right above the first post on the page on the right-hand side you'll see "thread tools". Click on that, then click on "subscribe to this thread". Done.

Caro 11-14-2011 08:49 PM

I have been using different 'ecru' backgrounds because I didn't want to buy so much background just in case I couldn't finish it.

Still can,t figure out how to receive an email or an alert of a new post to this thread...

Caro 11-14-2011 08:53 PM

Thank you...I did it! Yea!

jaciqltznok 11-15-2011 06:42 AM

I am subscribed and I still do not get notices!!
I really want to play with this group this year, but so far, I feel rejected!

AHHHHAAA...I figured it out..I unsubbed, then resubbed and the box came up asking how I wanted notices..got that changed to INSTANT..hope that keeps me in the LOOP!

dakotamaid 11-15-2011 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok (Post 4682115)
I am subscribed and I still do not get notices!!
I really want to play with this group this year, but so far, I feel rejected!

Jacquie, we want you. Wish I knew how to help. Check out the help pages. Maybe help is there. Anyone?

Edit: go to settings, than general settings on the left under your profile, scroll down and check out "<label for="sel_autosubscribe">Default Thread Subscription Mode:</label> " Be sure you have checked email instantly. (????) Anyway that is what mine is set at.

sandpat 11-15-2011 06:56 AM

I used 4 different background fabrics for my blocks on Chocolate Jane....of course, the goal was "scrappy". I think it turned out ok.

jaciqltznok 11-15-2011 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid (Post 4682123)
Jacquie, we want you. Wish I knew how to help. Check out the help pages. Maybe help is there. Anyone?

Edit: go to settings, than general settings on the left under your profile, scroll down and check out "<label for="sel_autosubscribe">Default Thread Subscription Mode:</label> " Be sure you have checked email instantly. (????) Anyway that is what mine is set at.

I got it figured out and am receiving post instantly now! thanks

jaciqltznok 11-15-2011 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat (Post 4682168)
I used 4 different background fabrics for my blocks on Chocolate Jane....of course, the goal was "scrappy". I think it turned out ok.

HA..you and that darn CHOCOLATE JANE...can not get that quilt out of my head....not that I am trying very hard..I simply adore that quilt! and there is a NEW line of Muslins coming out and guess what..they have BROWN...will a 15 yard bolt be enough???